Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, August 06, 2011

WHAT IS THAT??

The same little boy who was making a dash to the restrooms also surprised his Dad with a "what is that" this morning.

The cute little kid had "scooped" something up in his hand off the sidewalk around the bathhouse.  I figured he had a bug of some kind.

He opened his hand and showed his Dad his treasure and said "what is this?"  IT WAS TOAD POOP!  HA!!!

AND YUCK!!!


You know I have many talents, some of which I have shared with you in a post called "THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME".  In case you have forgotten; I can wiggle my little toes without my other toes moving.  I am left handed for most things, but I brush my teeth right handed, I bat right handed, play pool left handed...you can see how talented I am.  But one of the biggest talents that I have that I am so very proud of...are you ready for this....is being able to pull the Pabst Blue Ribbon label in ONE PIECE off a wet beer bottle.  HA!  I betcha didn't see that one coming!

Seriously, I have a different talent that is my MAIN, PROUD talent (although the ribbon thing is true)...I CAN PEEL A HARD-BOILED EGG SO THAT IT PEELS IN ONE LONG SHELL!  If you ever need me to help with egg salad, I'm there!!

Which is what I made tonight.  Our dear neighbor has chickens and so we sometimes get some nice brown eggs from her and her hubby.  I decided to make egg salad with these eggs since they had to be used soon. 

I had absolutely NO LUCK peeling those eggs at all!  I might as well have been trying to nail jell-o to a tree!  Out of 11 eggs, I had ONE that I managed to peel in two pieces.  The rest were mangled.  I don't know what it is about her chicken eggs, but I won't use them for anything but baking or breakfast!  I did end up with enough egg whites to put with the yolks (that fell out as I was trying to peel these things) to make a decent egg salad.  But I'd say out of 11 eggs, there were probably 4 eggs worth of the white portion that are in the garbage.

I'm beginning to think my kitchen days are numbered!

WINTER COMES EARLY

5 comments:

  1. Who knew about these hidden talents!??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Is this some of your photo art work? I'm impressed!
    Dick from Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, I know...ya better watch out!

    Dick, Thanks! Yes, some of it is free hand but most is from shots I've already taken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your talant is still intact. Fresh eggs just don't peel well.
    Like the new look, havn't been on the site in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy, you remembered your password!! Thanks for liking the new look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive