Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, August 08, 2011

TIME OF THE SEASONS

You can tell the seasons are changing.

It is getting dark sooner and the birds aren't singing as early in the morning.

The grass isn't growing nearly so fast.

The crickets are "cricking" and the grasshoppers are hopping (and flying).

The hummingbirds are drinking their nectar like there is no tomorrow....and in a month they will be headed out.

The air is starting to get that fall feeling; I don't know how else to explain it.

There is a wonderful breeze out of the east today which makes sitting in my office very pleasant.

Yep, it won't be long and the feel of fall and the smell of wet leaves will be in the air... and the beauty of it all will be right there for you to see and enjoy.





5 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing today Cathy...I think it had to do with the really cool night we had last night..and a bunch of my apples are falling off the trees..when they do that a smell occurs (probably decaying apples in the yard) which is unmistakenly the smell of autumn beginning....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:07 AM

    Please don't rush the end of summer..........it comes way too soon.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thom and I were just talking about the change in the weather and the sense of 'fall' approaching. Hope to still get up your way before you leave us again.
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo, but I know what comes next in the UP...BRR an snow...BRR
    GA. in the winter seems a better idea.....NC is great in the winter, as well...
    Enjoy the rest of your time in the UP and have a safe trip to GA. If you drive thru High Point, NC on your way to GA., give me a holler and I will come meet you while enroute.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retired One, we've got to pick up apples so Dan can finish mowing!

    Cher, Hope you can too!

    Sandy, Thanks for the kudos. It won't be long...the cherry trees are already getting a few yellow leaves. I know we HOPE to visit friends at Alligator River NWR in N. Carolina this fall/winter, so ya never know...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive