Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, August 01, 2011

NUTTIN' MUCH

I sure haven't offered my readers much by way of entertainment in a while!  I need to find my thinking cap and come up with something besides all the photo stuff I'm so wrapped up in!!

It continues to be HOT.  BUT at least it isn't as humid as it was a couple of weeks ago.  THAT was awful!  And you may remember that the Tahquamenon River HAD been up.  According to the DNR it is now down, so much so that some boaters can't use larger boats!

I haven't been getting much walking in except in the mornings.  I've kind of lost my groove on that and I really need to get back into it.  I had been doing so good with it.  No, I haven't put on any weight, but if I'm not careful, it wouldn't be hard to do!

And it is a very good thing that we are having strawberry shortcake after we close the office for the day at 9:30 p.m.  WHY?  Because the supper I fixed sucked!  It might not have been so bad except I got too much mustard in the mixture.  That's what happens when the mustard cap comes off when you are squeezing it.  I made Creamed King Crab.  I'm glad I didn't make more than enough for 4 servings.  Tomorrow, I'll try to Dr it up by adding some cheese to it.  I'd never made it before; it is one of those recipes that I found in Grandma Matie's recipe box.  The kind that says a dab of this, a pinch of that and bake in a hot oven...and doesn't tell you for how long.  And who considers what temp a HOT oven?  I went with 350.  And I baked it for about 45 minutes.  After I did dishes, I threw the recipe away.  So yep, counting the minutes until we close!

Hard to believe it is once again grocery day (tomorrow).  We are all out of that delicious Arnold's whole wheat bread.  I haven't had to buy bread locally since we returned home the end of April...tomorrow I will have to.  Unless someone I know is going to Wal-Mart in the Soo and can pick up about 5 loaves!

The grass has finally stopped growing and in places it is turning brown and getting crunchy. Even after all that rain we had the other night.  BUT the buckhorn, clover and wildflowers are still thriving.  These wildflowers grow on stems that are about 18" long and when they blossom, they are just one little blossom on each one of the stems.  AND YOU COULD USE THESE STEMS FOR BALER TWINE!  They ARE tough!!!

Well, that's how it goes in our neck of da woods!  Hope all is well with you!!

2 comments:

  1. I'v thrown a couple of recipies away lately too. Been hit or miss with the cooking lately. I think it's the dog days of summer we're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanette, glad I'm not the ONLY one. Grandma had some interesting ways of writing down a recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive