Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

LOOKING FOR A WORKAMPER FOR 2012 SEASON

Dan has been really laid up for about a week with his back/knee/hip issues.  Yesterday a very good friend (and by very good, I also mean goodness of his heart) took Dan clear over to the Soo to the VA clinic so he could see his VA dr.  They wouldn't prescribe anything stronger than the meds he has without seeing him.  (Let me just say whatever he is now taking made him extremely talkative in the middle of the night)

So, even though we are not that busy right now, I am trying to keep caught up with all of it.  And there are things that it is getting hard for me to do (such as making the bunk beds, hauling 55 gallon bags of garbage to the dumpster and basically trying to be in 3 places at once).  There is always the fear/possibility of something going wrong with the lift station and we would need help with that.


There are a few qualifications that will need to be met before we could consider you for the position...

You need to be in good physical health, have a strong back, be able to push mow, ride a mower, possibly climb a ladder, weed whack, occasionally clean the bathhouse, paint, possibly help with cleaning our lodging (especially making the bunk beds).  There may be other small duties that will come up.

In exchange you will be given a water and electric site with cable TV hook up.  Hours will be approximately 15 or 20 per week and it will fluctuate through the season.  This is a one person position, but if you have a significant other that will be fine (there won't be work for this person to do unless they want to assist you).

The position would start mid-May and possibly run to mid-October.

Visit our website at Clementz's Northcountry Campground and Cabins

E-mail at northcountrycampground@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of what Dan is dealing with and that you are struggling with keeping up. Hope you find the perfect help.
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of Dan's problems! I think what you need is retirement! Hope you find a good helper in the meantime. Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary H.8:06 PM

    Wish I could afford the gas, I'd offer to help in a quick minute. Unemployment is way to boring, back only gets sore when I stand around doing nothing.......lol. Good luck and get well wishes to Dan. P.S. I did resend that e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cher, hopefully the exact right person will come along.

    Sandy, Dan DID retire! However there are still things that have to be done that I'm not capable of and while I'M out doing stuff in the campground now, that means I have to close the office (and miss phone calls)

    Gary, I appreciate it. Hope you get the email I sent you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary H10:21 AM

    Got it.....thank you very much !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive