Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'M STILL HERE!!

Before I forget, one of my followers guessed that the large photo above is of Lake of the Clouds in the Porkies.  So, since there was only the one guess, I'll give you two clues...it is not Lake of the Clouds and the 2nd clue is Daniel Boone.

A friend and fellow blogger sent me an email and wanted to see how we were doing since I hadn't posted in a while and hadn't been on FB much.  Dan's still laid up, but is slowly getting better and I'm still trying to keep up with all the office stuff and outside stuff.  I managed to mow for about 90 minutes today.  The grass isn't bad, but the wildflowers are every where and it looks unkempt.  I weed whacked yesterday till I thought I'd never be able to use my right arm again.

I was going to get the loader out today but Dan wanted to try to get it out for me (good excuse).  I needed to go pick up a broken picnic table and haul it out behind the barn.  One of our guests who had been here with his family of 6 stopped by to check out a couple of days ago and told me what a wonderful time they had and how much they enjoyed their tent site, etc.  Then he said, "I hope you won't be mad, but the seat on the picnic table broke."  I wasn't mad, I was concerned that everyone was OK.

He said he wished he'd had his camcorder going because his 10 and 12 year old both had eyes as big as plates and a big O where their mouth should be when the seat gave way.  It wasn't actually the seat (it is a new board) but the cross pieces on this old cedar table that broke.  I'm glad they could laugh about it.

Anyway, after Dan got the loader out of the barn, he didn't want to get off the loader.  I reminded him that wasn't part of the agreement, but I climbed on as a passenger anyway.  I got the table in the bucket (much lighter with half of it missing!) and we dropped it off behind the barn to work on later.  Dan managed to get off the loader and into the house, but I could tell in a couple of minutes it was something he should not have done.

So, that's about it and why I'm not around much...keeping busy and trying to get ready for Labor Day.  I'm getting my ducks in a row to have workman's comp in place so when we find a work camper we'll be ready.  I can't believe how much it costs just for 5 months and for one person!  But ya gotta have it.

Any-hoo...take a guess on the BIG photo and see what you come up with....

1 comment:

  1. Gary H.10:52 PM

    With the clue you've given, I'd guess the Cumberland gap area.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive