Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

RABBIT FOOD

I will try to stay away from the subject of the temperature, but let me say this...I don't think when it is 90 degrees F that the F stands for Fahrenheit.

The bedding arrived yesterday and it took my about 4 trips back to the bedroom to actually make our bed.  I'm not going to say it was a temperature related thing...hint, hint...but I would sit in front of the fan in the living room waiting for the sweat on my face to evaporate.

It is WONDERFUL to have nice, NEW, decent sheets that fit the bed oh, so much better than what's her name's brand.  I think the sheets I put on yesterday are the micro-fiber.  They aren't hot feeling at all.  And they are LONG enough to tuck plenty in at the bottom and still have the top go over the pillows!  And HOW EXCITED I was to put that long blanket on the bed!!!  I think we both slept better last night.

Tonight for supper we are having a salad of sorts.  It is made with that Boboli pizza crust, only our store doesn't carry that brand so I had to get whatever it was.  You cut that up into bite size pieces.  Then you take a 12 ounce package of mixed salad (your choice), slice and dice hard salami (couldn't find any, using ham), a large cuke and a yellow pepper.  Then you mix all of this with creamy Italian dressing.  I tried to find the fat free but all I could come up with was regular.  That is supper tonight.

Tomorrow night, it will be taco salad and I WAS able to get fat free Italian dressing (the non-creamy kind).  Heads of lettuce were on sale for $.99 so I got two.  I use to be able to get the big bags of sharp shredded cheese, now you can't anymore; just the mild.  So I had to buy a block of the cheese and have to see if I can find my shredder.  I have one of those old hand type like G'ma had.  I don't know if they make anything easier to use than those or not.  It seems I always end up with a bit of hide missing from using those.  I know my salad shooter doesn't work for cheese, otherwise I'd use that...at least as I remember it doesn't.

So, Dan thinks he will be eating rabbit food for the next couple of days...and he is right!  I did buy him some low fat snack crackers (I've lost another 2 pounds!!) so he still has SOMETHING to snack on!

What are  YOU doing to keep cool???

7 comments:

  1. That little birdie looks so cool. Great photo. My grandkids and I went in the St. Marys River yesterday and it felt great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my son LOVED the birdie in the water...he asked if it was a penguin...

    Taco Salad sounds good, hubby, son, and I are heading to the local state park for the weekend, and I have been trying to think of something not to hot...while we have AC, I don't want to heat up the camper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been doing the 'rabbit food' thing too through this heat wave. But the other night I made a big pan of homemade spanish rice - totally made on the stove top type of meal. It was delishous. Is your campground on any water??
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  4. SBW...people have even been swimming up by White Fish Point!

    Amy, awww.. how cute! A penguin! I think I'm more anxious for the taco salad than the other salad! Have fun!!

    Cher, it didn't get as bad (YET) today as expected. I LOVE Spanish rice, but Dan isn't crazy about it. I still make enough for thrashers and then have it for about 4 days for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby used to complain too about being fed too much rabbit food; but now that he is getting better control of his blood glucose readings' he's actually enjoying the change of diet. Small steps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:57 AM

    How am I going to keep cool....head to da UP.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel, Dan complains but I think it does it to try to get my goat!

    Dave, HA! It must be hotter there than here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive