Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

OUT OF THE MOUTHS (AND NOSES) OF KIDS

I think the REAL verbiage is "out of the mouths of babes", but I was afraid some of my readers might be misled on the word "babes".


A young mommy and daddy brought their baby and the 7 year old in to register.

Since I sometimes relate better to kids than grown ups, I started a conversation with the 7 year old.  He told me HE was going to sleep in the top bunk because the baby was too small.  Once you got him started you couldn't turn him off...but he was so cute, so we kept the conversation going a while longer.


I was trying to finish checking his mommy and daddy in and apparently he didn't like that HE wasn't getting all of the attention.  He stood on his tippy toes so he could look in the office, held up his middle finger and said "Do you know what this is?"

Before I could think of how to handle the situation, he blurted out 'IT IS MY BOOGER PICKING FINGER!' and proceeded to show me how to use it the right way.  His parent's could have died right then and there.  I told them not to worry because I wasn't sure WHAT he was going to say about his middle finger!  I also reminded them that their days of being embarrassed by their kids is a LONG way from being over!

Oh, yeah, out of the mouths (and noses) of kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive