Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

THE OTHER PHOTO


This is the other photo that came out of that little African violet blossom. I think this one stems from being a child of the 60's???

Did you ever wake up and feel TOTALLY SCARED and not know why??? That happened to me last night and it was like I was actually paralyzed. I can't even begin to describe how I was feeling but it was an awful feeling. I must have had a dream, but I cannot remember what it was!!

Good news about the mama swallow! There WAS at least one little one and Dan said that they flew the coop yesterday! I am still hoping we don't find any dead babies in the box when we clean it in the fall.

I bought some of that fake frozen crab at the store. I like to put it in my macaroni salad. I was going to buy the fat free mayo like I ALWAYS use but cripes it was $6.27! I had a jar at home of the new olive oil mayo so I took the plunge and used it instead. Anyway, I had left over "crab" meat and fixed it for supper last night.

The recipe called for heavy cream...of which I had none. So I had to improvise and make heavy cream with real butter (I never have real butter but one of our guests left 2 sticks in the fridge in the cabin!) and 2% milk (should use real milk but we don't have that). Anyway, I got the rest of the stuff all mixed up, poured it into a greased 9x9 pan and baked it. I forgot to mention I really had to improvise because it was also supposed to have chopped celery (didn't have) and a whole chopped onion (did have). It was also supposed to have sharp cheddar cheese in the sauce (only had mild) and when you took it out of the oven, sprinkle mild cheese over the top and let it melt before serving.

Since it was just a 9 x 9 pan, it only made 4 pieces. The first several bites tasted very good...but then I started tasting the richness of it, and thinking about all the fat content in it...but mainly the richness of it. When you aren't use to having butter you really notice it when you DO. I couldn't finish mine because it was so rich. Guess what Dan is having for supper tonight?? I'll eat my mac salad!

Hope all is well with you!!! Just think,July is about half over!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive