Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

NUTTIN' MUCH

It has been an interesting couple of days. 

We get campers from all over the place, but within the past 24 hours, we have had a couple tent camping from New Zeeland, another came in on their Honda Gold Wing who are from Great Britain (brought their bike with them, also tenters), had 3 young women from France (tenting) and a young man and woman from Spain!  I don't think we've ever had anyone from Spain before.  I'm so glad they try to speak our language because otherwise it would have been very difficult!  So, welcome all of you tourists to America and to OUR neck of the woods!

So far, also within the past 24 hours we have had wonderful compliments about our park and one person who managed to make all those compliments seem in vain.  We both were probably in the wrong by the time all was said and done, but at least I wasn't the one making threats and yelling.  In fact, when she went out the door I told her to have a nice day.

It is COOLER!!!  Good thing too because I think we are BOTH now tired of any kind of salad.  We finished up the rest of the taco salad last night, so tonight I'm hopefully going to make Enchilada bake.  It is easy to make, but as the name implies, it requires baking.  It is supposed to only be 78 today and the humidity isn't going to be bad.

I've got some push mowing to catch up on and Dan is trying to catch up with the campground mowing in between heat waves.  The buckhorn and wildflowers are thriving.

I decided on a name for my photo venture; photophanalia by Cathy C.  I would appreciate it if you could LIKE me on FB so I could get enough "likes" to get a web address for my page.  I have to have 25 like me before I can get a web address for it.  Go to this address;

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photophanalia-by-Cathy-C/122260891201390

That' the way it is in our neck of da woods!  Hope you are well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive