Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

MY CONCLUSION

OK, it has been a pretty quiet year for camping.  Not as good as any of us in da U.P. had hoped for for any business.  Seems like everyone is stopping just below "da bridge" and taking day trips from there.  So even though we are down a bit from last year, there are still those that don't understand that camping IS an outdoors experience and there will be bugs outside!

Two gals that were here camping for a week wanted to be close to the woods.  I explained that there would be more mosquitoes in that area but they said they were prepared.  They checked out a day early and actually expected a refund.  I told them since they had the weekly rate and they were leaving early, that in truth they owed US  $7.00 but I wasn't going to worry about it.  THAT didn't set well with them.  Oh, well...

So they have posted their complaint about the bugs, excuse me, VAMPIRES at our park and that we do nothing about it.  They complained about the wifi signal, although we saw them sitting at their picnic table quite often ON THE COMPUTER.  The people right next door to them were fine...hmmmm....maybe someone knows how to spray for bugs and someone doesn't.

While they are able to use OUR business name to make their post, I won't post their name here.

So my honest conclusion is that you can't slap "inconsiderate" people because their head is generally protected by their butt cheeks.



the  beauty of lily

5 comments:

  1. lol....i love the statement, you can't slap em, cause of the position of their heads....ain't that the truth! I hope things pick up for you, now that it's hotter, maybe people will not stop below the bridge, and head up above it where it is a bit cooler....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered how this hot and humid weather would affect your camping business...sometimes people are even too hot to camp and instead travel in airconditioned cars to air conditioned hotels with pools.LOL
    The "mosquito" ladies were something else...good grief, hadn't they ever camped before?
    I still think it is the gas prices that are making people do staycations rather than far from home....it is unfortunate.
    Any bites on selling your business yet? Is it still for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people just have to complain about everything. Bugs, schmugs!! It is just part of the experience. Not making the trip this year due to the price of gas, but if we were, would NOT complain about the bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am catching up on your posts and your comment about "STUPID" people is priceless....LOL or is it now HEE HEE? In any event, it was priceless...
    And as for the heat in the UP, well, waaaay back when I was still young, I went to Houghton from Ill, where I lived at the time, and to my surprise, it was very, very hot and humid there. My grandma was beside herself....she only had one fan. We didn't sleep well because of the heat....NOW, air conditioning is king and we sleep just fine....at least down here in NC....
    Have salads and it will cool you off...A friend in FL. when we lived there said to drink hot coffee or tea and it will keep you cool as well...HMM, she was right.
    Sandy in NC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasper, it just takes all kinds. I THINK if they'd have ended up with ME owing them money instead of them actually owing us money (which really was $17.00, not $7) maybe they wouldn't have posted such a nasty review.

    Sandy, My grandma said that too! But then she always kept a little Mogan David wine for when it was hot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive