Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, July 29, 2011

MOONLIGHT BAY

Moonlight bay



I've been working on this "photo" since about 9 a.m..  Obviously that isn't 6 hours straight!  I did take a lunch break and had some guests to check in and check on.

And by that I mean that we have 4 gals here, two in each coach (you won't call these motor homes; they are coaches).  They have brought one of their dear 70+ age friend to see the Upper Peninsula....all the way from Georgia.  Now, I know that doesn't seem that far, but coming up here was on this lady's bucket list.  She has lung cancer.

Two mornings ago, they had to take her to the Newberry hospital.  Without releasing a lot of info that isn't mine to share, it doesn't look like she'll probably make the rest of the journey through the Upper Peninsula.  It is sad on one hand, but it is also wonderful that these gals have taken it upon themselves to give their best friend a shot to cross something off her bucket list.

On a brighter note; we are REALLY getting the foreign tourists this season!  Earlier today, we had two loaded down bicycles come in.  Each rider was pulling a little "car" behind them...and in each car was a child.  I think the oldest looks to be about 5 or 6.  I didn't strike up a conversation with him, mainly because they are from Switzerland and it didn't sound like, to me, that the child spoke English yet.

Then sometime today, we've got two people from Belgium due to arrive.  They are also tent camping.  I'm anxious to see how they arrive!  By bike???  I DID tell you about the couple from Zeeland who brought their Gold Wing with them, didn't I??

Then in the Little Lodge we've got 4 people; two are from someplace in Africa (I don't remember where) and the other couple is originally from India, but live in the states now.

It appears that people in Ohio are leaving for OUR area in DROVES!!  Lot's of guests from Ohio this season.

There was a report on the news last night, which I missed about the Mackinac Bridge crossings being WAY down and how badly it was affecting business in St. Ignace...WHAT DO THEY THINK IT IS DOING TO THE REST OF US UP HERE????  However, they did say Mackinac City is booming.

Hard to believe that August is just a short two days away.  I'm enjoying the mornings more because the birds don't start singing at 4 a.m.  It is staying dark longer!!!  And getting dark a bit quicker which means kids are off the playground earlier!!!

I've sold one of my paintings so far...help me spread the word, please?

Later!!

5 comments:

  1. Are your paintings in a separate area Kathy? Are they priced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, some of them are. You can see a majority of them at
    https://www.facebook.com/PhotophanaliabyCathyC.
    Prices will depend on the time that is/was involved in creating the "art". My main goal is for others to send me THEIR photos and let me "art" them. Read the info part on my FB page. Or, if you don't have FB you can also see them at the link at the top of Photos of Assorted Things. Thanks so much for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, You asked about prices. I can tell you the minimum will be $20.00 and from there it all depends on what is involved, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Ohio family has come to the UP for 36 years. We always wonder where do the Michaganders go for vacation? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasper, Well, heck! Us Yoopers go south...Escanaba, da banana belt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive