Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

I'M ALWAYS GOING TO BE A LEFTIE

You know that I have invested a little bit of funds in a Paintshop Photo Pro X3.  When I first got it and started playing around, basically all I was interested in doing with it was flowers; getting rid of the background and adding black to the background.

Then I decided I wanted to be able to do a little bit more and wanted something that was going NOT require using the mouse so much, so I purchased an inexpensive graphics tablet.  With that tablet came Corel Painters Essentials 4, so I started playing around with that.  It allows you to do your OWN art work if you want to OR you can allow the computer to do it and you pick the settings. 

That is what I started out doing to try to get the feel of the program and the various functions.  Then I would save it from a RIF file to a jpg.  Then I would open it in the Paintshop Photo Pro program and add a border or a frame and my name.  Or maybe add some more leaves or branches, whatever it was that it seemed to be missing.

So the two photos I'm posting are a before and an after.  I did most of this with the graphics tablet and the pen that comes with it.  My desk isn't set up conveniently for totally using the tablet so I have to sit with it in my lap a lot...don't know how much more ergonomically correct I am now!  But I CAN use it left handed!

I left some of my mistakes on the one I did because it seems like the harder I tried to correct them, the worse off I became, so I just left them and will call the mistakes "charming".  HA!!



2 comments:

  1. omg that is GREAT!!! But I do like the original pic as well. So now you have a new toy - where do you find the time??
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cher, this time of year I'm kind of tethered to the office so between phone calls, guests and other stuff, I'm making time to do this. When the phone rings and I'm working on a project it usually startles the bajeebers out of me so I have to come back and erase!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive