Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, July 15, 2011

HOT, HOT HOT

The weather forecast for the next several days looks to be like one that will melt everything, including eyebrows and whiskers.

I guess we should be glad that we haven't had the sweltering heat that there has been elsewhere.  For instance, the place where we will be headed this fall has been over 100 degrees, but they are looking forward to a cool down of 95.

I think it was Oklahoma the news was showing the cracked ground, withered plants and brown yards.

So, in order to help with the heat in OUR neck of the woods, I thought I'd post a photo of what MIGHT help cool you off...if you imagine REALLY hard....


This is Dan and his best buddy Nick, whom we had to put down about 4 years ago.  But you may enjoy the snow photo!!!

I did my vacuuming early this morning since it is expected to be so warm, but the dumb thing I've done is decided on a meal for supper that will require heating the oven.  It has to be made because the burger has to be used.  Bad timing.  I took a short walk this a.m. while it was cool but even at 53 degrees by the time I got back, I was too warm!

I am going to ask a question of my readers and I hope you will be honest with me and email me your answers if I'm going to be embarrassed, otherwise post the responses here. The email address is northcountrycampground@gmail.com.  I've been seriously considering starting a SMALL business with my photo work.  People could purchase what I have done or send me photos of what they would like me to do.  You know they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so it could be that a select few of us think my work is something that others might want.

I've even been trying to come up with a name for the "business" and I'm not having much luck.  So far I've come up with Cathy's Artful Photos or Cathy's Creative Photos...but I'm drawing a big blank.  To take this one step further, if I DO decided to pursue this, I may have a contest for people to come up with the best name for my endeavor.  So, don't send any thoughts or post any ideas on a name yet.

I've got to get 2 more GB of RAM on my laptop, so that will be going in hopefully next week and it is time for it to have a physical anyway.  My USB ports have been acting up, so that may require a new chip.

Well, enjoy the hot, hot weather!  Drink plenty of water and keep those pets cool and watered too!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:19 AM

    Cathy,

    Go for it.....like I've said before, you should make a book of all your pic's. You really have
    a great eye for shots.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan on 4461:16 PM

    Yep, you should do it! A nice seller is blank inside quarter fold cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! Go, go, go! Your photos are really stunning, Cathy!
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:03 AM

    I figureed you WERE selling photos as good as some are! I've been going to email and ask about them but never had. I'll shoot off an email later, but yes, you should do something with your photos and talent!
    Dick

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had about 4 emails from people encouraging me to go for it, but I'm one of those type that even though I like what I see when I'm finished, that doesn't mean others will...so I'm still on the wall about it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do it my friend! I have begun to sell some of my photos and they have been selling like hotcakes..in the strangest venues..A beauty shop called me and asked me if I would put up a display along their "gallery wall" and I almost sold out in only 2 weeks and she asked me to bring more....!!!
    I think your wildlife photos would sell well (although I know you love your "new" art ones of making them look like drawings, I think the ones you got of birds, etc. and scenery when you traveled are your best instead!).(But you can sell both)... What the heck...give it a whirl...you love taking them (like I do) why not make money from them? I cannot NOT take photos, it is an addiction so I figured I might as well DO something with all the shots I was taking.LOL Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive