Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS


WD-40 does NOT work for everything.

Yelling quietly thru an open window does not always get someone’s attention.

Cursing and working up a sweat sometimes is in vain…and it doesn’t necessarily make you feel better.

But having to deal with a locked door and baby formula AND trying to get to the fireworks on time can put a damper on your spirit and make you bring out the trusty old Swiss army knife.

When one set of our cabin guests came into the lobby to check out this morning, they asked “Do you want the good news first or the bad news?”.  I said “Give me the bad news”…so far this year I haven’t wanted to throttle anyone and I hoped I wasn’t going to now.

Their cabin door got locked and they couldn’t make it budge!  Oh, they had the keys, but that wasn’t the problem!  THEY WERE LOCKED INSIDE OF THE CABIN!!!

They tried to get other guest’s attention but no one heard them.  They needed to get the baby’s formula over to their daughters campsite so they hoped when they didn’t show up someone would come looking for them.  Nope.

So, he resorted to his trusty ONE IN ALL type of knife…and the door knob is in pieces.  But at least they got out. 

I never did find out what the good news is, unless it was the fact they got out without bursting into a full blown panic attack!

So, you know how the saying goes about WD-40 and duct tape being the handy man’s helper??  Obviously there was no place to purchase a new door knob on a holiday.  It has to be handicap type so we’re not even sure if he’ll be able to get one without ordering it. 

In the meantime, Dan’s got the door shut and duct tape over the door knob hole!  (I wish I could think of a better way to word that…it sounds like TMI if you didn’t read the whole story!)

The charter bus has come to pick up 36 teens and 8 counselors to take them to fireworks tonight.  They should be good and tired by the time he brings them back to their campsites!  They did the Falls today and took the hike!

Just a couple more shots to share with ya; Papa Robin and one little baby that we could see.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive