Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ALLIGATOR RIVER WILDLIFE REFUGE VISITOR

Maybe you remember that a couple of years ago, Dan and I set out for our first adventure of being gone for the winter from "da U.P".  You may remember that our first stay took us to Alligator River NWR where we lived in our 5th wheel, nice large  yard, behind an electric fence designed to keep the bears away from us.

We weren't supposed to put out bird feeders for fear of enticing bears to the campsite.  But this one little fella just couldn't resist the smell of Dan cooking outside, so he became like a member of the family.  He was very good about just sitting on the picnic table and sipping on a root bear, I mean root BEER and waiting till supper or breakfast was served.

I never shared this story with you or anyone else till now because we didn't want to get in trouble for having this visitor at our campsite, but here is the proof of his visits...




(actually, it is just me having some fun with photos...and I need to thank Joan at MY RETIREMENT CHRONICLES.  She and her hubby visited the Oswald s Bear Ranch while they were here a couple years ago and got a shot or two of the cubs...I just improvised!)

5 comments:

  1. hahahaa...I was wondering how you were going to use that photo! You need to print out this one and put it up at your office at the campground. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. How'd you do that? I just got my software downloaded last night and am excited to try and play with it but I think you are way ahead of me! Oswald's Bear Ranch is such a neat unique place and I will always remember getting to hold the "babies" there. A must see for people coming to the Eastern UP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retired One, I think I might do that!! Thanks for the suggestion!

    Sandy, It has taken me quite a while to get to this point and I'm still confused between raster layers and masks. If I had to tell you what one or the other was, I couldn't. I just keep experimenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I did a double take when I saw that photo. Very funny, Cathy.

    I've been on the run again and just caught up on your posts. sorry about the toad and the complainers.

    Hope July is treating you well and you're feeling good.

    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanna, you have so many bloggers that you follow so I'm just happy to hear from you once in a while! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive