Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, July 09, 2011

AHHHHHHH-HAAAAAAA!


I KNEW sooner or later the complainers and whiners would show up!

It doesn’t matter HOW much you try to prepare people for the possibility of mosquitoes short of having them stand still while you show them how to spray Off on themselves, there are always those who think camping does not involve bugs.  They must not have bugs where they live.  That’s the only thing we can think of.

True, some nights the mosquitoes are worse than others, but for those who insist “get me as close to the trees or woods as possible”…what do you expect???

And what we find extremely odd is the same people that complain are the ones that you see sitting outside with their computers….hmmmm.  How bad ARE the bugs if you can sit at your picnic table for an hour or two at a stretch?

I have seen seasons that the mosquitoes were so bad that you couldn't even talk without inhaling a handful of them.  What we have had this year is MILD.

I’ve only had to put bug spray on maybe 10 times this whole season, even when I was mowing I didn’t have much issue with insects.  I take walks with no real problems other than them trying to get in my ear.  Me thinks they doth protest too much!

Well, onto something more interesting…or at least pleasant…

I have a pug!!!  It is the cutest little thing with 4 sturdy adjustable legs!  It also has a cup holder and at each end it has a section about 10” by 20” long so I can put my graphics tablet on the left hand side and my mouse on the right hand side.  It has a built in fan that plugs into your USB and a very nice adjustable (to 4 different levels) center for your computer!  And it is called The Pug.  I can easily sit with it across my lap, so this will be very helpful in the 5th wheel.  When you fold the computer holder down, if you are lucky enough, someone will cook you breakfast in bed and serve you on this handy tray!  (I don’t mean they will actually cook breakfast IN bed…just want to make sure you are paying attention!)  It’ll make a good writing “desk” too should that need arise!

Well, I think there is a lawn mower calling me…and it probably would like some gas in it before I take off.  I’ll count mosquitoes while I’m out there and let ya know how many there are.






1 comment:

  1. Must be some citi-fied folks complaining bout' the skeeters heh? It has been a pretty mild year for them. Have them wipe a dryer sheet across their clothes and tuck one in their hat ... it might help.
    'love & hugs from afar'
    great job on the pics by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive