Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SLOW HAND AND AN EASY TOUCH

I think I have figured out why my left ankle is bothering me.  Since I've lost weight, I've told ya that my shoes fit "sloppy".  I think my orthotics must be getting sloppy too because the pain on that bone seems to line up with the orthotic on my left foot.

I have an appointment in September to get some different type of orthotics made but in the meantime, I've gone back to what I use to purchase by mail.  I had a pair of these orthoheels left so I've put them in my shoes today.  It feels very strange to go from the plastic orthotics to these things.  But I am getting a bit of relief on that bone.  I wasn't even able to go for a walk yesterday (and we SPLURGED on our eating last night).  I don't think I'll be able to take a walk today either.  I want to get the swelling down and hoepfully by tomorrow I can race around the track!

Other than the normal campground stuff, I've found a new past time that I will share with you.

I use to love to paint with oils.  Then I went to acrylics, then back to oils.  I was painting anything from buzzsaws to cream cans and of course canvas.  It got to the point that I wasn't enjoying it anymore and it has been YEARS since I have painted anything except the bathhouse floor.  I kind of missed being creative but couldn't figure out exactly what I wanted to do.

I've always been into photography.  I prefer to take photos that I don't have to do much touch up (and with Picasa you are limited as to what you can do to touch up).  The most I would hope to have to do is crop and maybe fuss around with the exposure a bit; lighten or darken.  The simple things.

However, I will now admit that I've been working on a new "art form".  At least it is new for me.  And I am really enjoying it.  The only thing is that I don't have a slow hand or an easy touch.  I'm left handed but I have ALWAYS used my mouse right handed.  It just came natural for me to use it right handed (don't know why).  But with what I am doing with these photos, it  would be nice if I could find a way to work with my left hand without having to invest a bunch of money into a graphics tablet and a stylus pen.  I'm looking to see if there is such a thing as the stylus pen that can be used on the  touchpad of a laptop.  THAT would help a LOT.

So without further fanfare...here is what I've been doing.  I will post the before and after photos (at least that will be my goal...see if Blogger is cooperating!)




I don't know what these bottom flowers are.  They were growing wild in the woods in Georgia.  I don't have the original of this photo on my laptop but thought I'd post the modified version anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Gary H / Battle Creek7:14 AM

    "Slow Hand" - Eric Clapton.....great song !!! Suggested serving sizes are a joke.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, Where the heck have you been hiding??? The song I was thinking of was by the Pointer Sisters. I hadn't even thought about Clapton till you posted it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive