Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

THE PHOTOGRAPHER

 I don't think I gave credit to the person who emailed me photos to play with.  Thanks to Rachel  Barre who now resides "down south" instead of next door.  She provided the pelican and the "lizard"..iguana...and some flowers that I haven't done anything with yet.

Going to be a beautiful day here in the Newberry area!  Come on up!!

3 comments:

  1. The only time I was in Newberry was when my grandparents and I were driving back or to Sault Ste. Marie from Houghton...don't know why, but we went through Newberry and they showed me where the mental facility was...Oh, what a perosn remembers from childhood, eh?
    I love the ore boats and bridge painting...wish I could capture life on canvas....Beautiful...
    And what to do in the summer, stay indoors until late afternoon because it is very humid and hot here..
    Sandy in NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, so how did you end up in North Carolina?? We LOVE N. Carolina...but not when it is HOT! I've been following the Pains Bay fire because of the time Dan and I spent working at Alligator River NWR.
    Glad you like the "paintings"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We previously lived in WV for 6 1/2 yrs. Our bathtub repair business covered all of WV, 1/2 of Ky and 1/4 of Ohio. Our two oldest and their children were in SC and we sold our business and moved to High Point, NC and started a tub repair business here. SO, that is the short version...The fires are over near the coast in Dare Cty. Roanoke Island where Manteo (Andy Griffith's hometown) is located is in Dare Cty., but I think the fires are not on the island....They say that we are affected by the air from the fire, but I am not so sure...
    Would love to be closer to the water...Lake Superior, Michigan, Gulf of Mexico are all places I have lived near...after all a Yooper from Houghton is close to the BIG lake, eh?, as they say up there.
    Have a great day today..
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive