Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, June 13, 2011

I SURE WISH I KNEW HOW TO....


1.       YODEL (without sounding like Carol Burnett doing her Tarzan imitation)

2.      CLOG OR DANCE LIKE THE RIVER DANCERS (without clicking my heels together twice and ending up on pain meds or the Land of Oz)

3.      FLY AN AIRPLANE (when I was two years old, my goal in life was to be a helicopter when I grew up)

4.      PLAY THE BANJO (at least well enough so a person listening would recognize the song I’m playing.  My version of Coming Round the Mountain doesn’t sound like it to anyone but me)

5.      MAKE A GOOD PIE CRUST (the birds won’t even eat mine!)

6.      DIAGRAM A SENTENCE.  Not really…I sure hated THAT in school.  When did kids finally get to the point that wasn’t a requirement anymore??

7.      AUCTIONEER!!!!  I love listening to auctioneers!  Shall we go to auctioneer school??


I think that’s about all “the I wish I knew how to do”.  There are a lot of things I know how to do but pretend I don’t know how.  I’m sure you GUYS do that too, right?  Ya don’t know where anything is in the kitchen or where the dish soap is kept; things like that.

There are things that I may PRETEND to know how to do…but I’m not sharing that with ya.  You’d hang that over my head for a LONG time!  I only make a fool of myself every now and then by pretending to know how to do something…like the first “roller-skating date” I had.  He actually expected that I was actually going to skate!

I could only pretend for so long to know how to pull a gravity wagon up to the elevator to unload ear corn.  After awhile, it became painfully obvious I didn’t know my left wheel from my right wheel.  It’s a wonder I didn’t run over the elevator.

So what are some of the things that you wished you knew how to do?? 

It is official; I’ve lost 30 pounds!!  I may try for another 10 but I’m not going to fret if it doesn’t happen in the next two weeks!!!  This week, I AM getting Snicker’s Ice Cream bars!  Dan’s got his rhubarb pie all gone (as of last night) so I’ll share a couple of those with him.

Catch ya later!!!


4 comments:

  1. THIRTY POUNDS!!! WOW!!! Way to go girlfriend! Now that you lost all that weight I'll have to teach you how to make a GOOD FLAKY PIE CRUST! lol
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan on 4469:36 PM

    Congratulations on the weight loss Cathy.
    I think GUY's really know how to replace a roll of TP but are just too lazy to do it because if they don't, it will magically get done anyways as so many other "things" get done!
    I'd love to see the northern lights in all their glory. I finally saw my first falling star a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 30 pounds, Cathy..that is absolutely fantastic!! How are you doing it????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cher, I'd love to be able to make a GOOD pie crust, but then I'd be dumb enough to eat that pie!!! I haven't cut out treats entirely, but boy, when there is something good around, it is hard to stay on the right path!

    Jan, Yes about the TP! Dan's good at not knowing even where it IS let alone putting it on!

    Retired One, thanks!!! Will power!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive