1. YODEL (without sounding like Carol Burnett doing her Tarzan imitation)
2. CLOG OR DANCE LIKE THE RIVER DANCERS (without clicking my heels together twice and ending up on pain meds or the Land of Oz)
3. FLY AN AIRPLANE (when I was two years old, my goal in life was to be a helicopter when I grew up)
4. PLAY THE BANJO (at least well enough so a person listening would recognize the song I’m playing. My version of Coming Round the Mountain doesn’t sound like it to anyone but me)
5. MAKE A GOOD PIE CRUST (the birds won’t even eat mine!)
6. DIAGRAM A SENTENCE. Not really…I sure hated THAT in school. When did kids finally get to the point that wasn’t a requirement anymore??
7. AUCTIONEER!!!! I love listening to auctioneers! Shall we go to auctioneer school??
I think that’s about all “the I wish I knew how to do”. There are a lot of things I know how to do but pretend I don’t know how. I’m sure you GUYS do that too, right? Ya don’t know where anything is in the kitchen or where the dish soap is kept; things like that.
There are things that I may PRETEND to know how to do…but I’m not sharing that with ya. You’d hang that over my head for a LONG time! I only make a fool of myself every now and then by pretending to know how to do something…like the first “roller-skating date” I had. He actually expected that I was actually going to skate!
I could only pretend for so long to know how to pull a gravity wagon up to the elevator to unload ear corn. After awhile, it became painfully obvious I didn’t know my left wheel from my right wheel. It’s a wonder I didn’t run over the elevator.
So what are some of the things that you wished you knew how to do??
It is official; I’ve lost 30 pounds!! I may try for another 10 but I’m not going to fret if it doesn’t happen in the next two weeks!!! This week, I AM getting Snicker’s Ice Cream bars! Dan’s got his rhubarb pie all gone (as of last night) so I’ll share a couple of those with him.
Catch ya later!!!