Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, June 10, 2011

FOREVER IN BLUE JEANS!

Someone asked me if I thought I'd still be wearing jeans when I get to be an old gal...hell, yes! (AND that made me feel kind of good..."when you get to be an old gal"...means I'm not there yet!!!) I'm not wearing stretch pants!  OR seersucker pants!!!  

And speaking of jeans, you may recall I was trying to shrink my jeans (who'da ever thought THAT would happen).  IT DIDN'T WORK.  They didn't shrink at all, so not sure WHY they have to be tumbled dry part way and line dried the rest of the way.

I'm so sick of the news and all the $$$$$ America is spending and sending elsewhere to other countries. To me that is PROOF POSITIVE that there is no life on other planets. If there was we'd probably be sending them Federal AID TOO!


My orthopedist said I should have an MRI.  The X-rays really only showed a bunch of calcification on both sides of my knee.  It seems to do OK if I ice it after a long walk.  There's no way I'd be having surgery NOW.  And I don't think it is necessary any way.  So, next Wednesday I have an MRI done in Newberry.

I managed to make Dan a rhubarb pie to call his own (I don't like it) and it actually didn't turn out too bad.  Usually my crusts make a person laugh when they first see them.  So, he's got his sweets for the next 5 days (right, like he'll let that pie last 5 days!).  Me??  I'm indulging tonight, after my walk (with my stocking cap and fleece coat and gloves) and after the office closes...10 chocolate stars and 2 cups of popcorn.

Hope all is well with you!!

9 comments:

  1. wilson10:13 PM

    forever in bluejeans...was that neil diamond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary H. / Battle Creek9:33 AM

    Sad to say, but I feel as though the good old USA is going the way of the roman empire.....to hell in a handbasket. The nations finances are shot, our "leaders" are in office only for themselves, and the majority of our citizens have become apathetic to the point of ruin. Sure hope I'm wrong or that it changes.....soon. November 2012 can't get here soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah ~ bluejeans, chocolate and popcorn ... I think we could be friends!
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cher made my post:) ~ oh you would fit right in with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary H / Battle Creek1:50 PM

    Also, isn't "Windy" by The Association ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:19 PM

    First time here lurking...I am from the UP, Houghton to be exact....Moved with the parents to Wis. when I was 3...Years, ions ago...Reading your blog, I remembered that lower's were trolls and I am from above the bridge in God's Country, eh!!!
    Thanks for letting me lurk...Maybe someday I will get back to the UP...Hubby and I helped someone start a church in Crystal Falls back in the early 90's and haven't been back to the UP since then. Beautiful country up there.
    Sandy in NC

    ReplyDelete
  7. The U.P. is supposed to warm up this coming week, so hopefully you can put the gloves and even the jeans away and go for crop pants or shorts!! I'd like just PART of that heat back....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wilson, correct!!! Great song too!!

    Gary, I feel your pain...it is very scary. If the price of fuel would become even 50 cents a gallon less, I KNOW it would help things...especially the camping season!! I can't wait to see who actually does run for Prez...

    Cher and Mel...two women after my own heart!!

    Sandy, in NC, Please feel free to stop by any time! I've got to check my reservations; I have someone coming in soon to camp with us from N. Carolina...is it you??

    Retired One..these legs haven't seen daylight in years! Looking forward to some warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:10 AM

    Would love to take a vacation, but with our business getting busier, we cannot leave in the summer...maybe in the fall....the falls are beautiful that far north and sometimes the northern lights are spectacular in the cool fall weather.
    Have a blessed Sunday. and enjoy those NC folks..do you know where they are from?
    Sandy in High Point, NC
    And I love rhubarb pie...can't find them around here...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive