Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

DO YOU EVER GET A HANKERING??

It might be difficult to know if you ever had a hankering if you aren't familiar with the term (I DO have some young readers!).

Dan has had a hankering for turkey and stuffing.  Me, I've had a hankering for 5 cup salad.  So, I've got bread torn apart, onions and celery chopped and will be making stuffing later.  A good friend of Dan's gave him a nice big package of sliced turkey breast, so while it won't be as good as if it had been stuffed IN a bird, it'll be good because even though I can't make a decent pie crust, I make darn good stuffing!

I've got my 5 cup salad made, except in my case it is a 4 cup salad.  I use fat free sour cream instead of real sour cream and I leave out the marshmallows for extra measure.  I have to!  I weighed myself yesterday and I had gained 2 pounds!!  Walking really IS the key to this weight loss!!!  I hadn't been able to walk much last week due to the weather.

I DID splurge the past week, a bit.  For one thing, I made lemon bars.  The box said it makes 16 pieces.  They lied.  Well, I suppose if you were feeding tiny people you MIGHT get 10 bars out of it.  We managed to get 8 bars!  There are still two lemon bars left in the fridge, so that will probably be dessert later...and at least 3 hours before bedtime (we try to follow that "rule" too!).

It is official!  Dan and I passed our background checks, I don't have to try to get fingerprints again on myself and we'll be Georgia bound around mid October.

The oil/photo that I'm publishing here is of the harbor in Manteo, I'm not sure if it is called Roakoke Harbor or not, but the Roanoke lighthouse isn't too far from where the boats were docked.


I tried to make it look like this painting was of the lighthouse at night.  I'm not getting the hang of how to do some of these things yet.  I already know I wish I'd spent more money and got a better graphics tablet, one that I can use my finger to be the paintbrush.  I took this photo when we worked at Alligator River.  I THINK it is called Corolla Lighthouse???

4 comments:

  1. I do understand the hankering thing. A while back we had given up our after dinner bowl of ice cream. Both of us love ice cream and that is tough. Last night Tom made some delicious gespacho but after dinner I had a hankering for an ice cream cone. By the time we got to the Dairy Queen it turned into a hot fudge sundae hankering. So good on a hot evening! And I lost 2 pounds yesterday! I think I have a new diet secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, good for you on the two pounds! I know exactly where it went! Thanks a lot friend! I LOVE a good hot fudge sundae with crushed nuts on top...those days are gone. Take care and enjoy that new diet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up diets a long time ago....I like food...go figure...
    And the paintings of Manteo is wonderful...I love Roanoke Island...It is quaint and there is a great (cheap) b and b there that does not advertise...Quiet...Oh, to leave High Point and go over to the coast....Where in Ga.?
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, I hate that I can't eat the things I like the way I use to!! We really enjoyed Manteo and our stay there. We will be at Piedmont National Wildlife Refuge this fall/winter/spring...about 20 miles from Macon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive