Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, May 13, 2011

WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH BLOGGER??

First off, it was down most of the day...and now there are posts missing!!!  Where did they go??  If you find them, let me know!  I think I'm missing two posts; the one of the Au Sable Falls and the one with the outcome of the visit with my Dr (which included two macro photos of a glass Indian on a horse).  Maybe they will appear out of the blue!

I see one issue that Blogger hasn't fixed yet is the "ENTER" key.  When I use my enter key to start a new paragraph, it doesn't start a new paragraph....the cursor either continues to sit at the end of the last sentence or it managed to get lost some place within the post.  Go figure; anyone else having that problem?  I know it is a Blogger problem because my MS Word works like it is supposed to as well as Outlook works properly.

So, any-hoo..CLEMENTZ'S NORTHCOUNTRY CAMPGROUND AND CABINS IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!!  Let the camping season commence!!!

We managed to get a lot accomplished yesterday (as long as it didn't involve me lifting or bending over except you probably don't know about that because that is one of the posts that is AWOL!) and it was a WARM day.  Today is a damp, windy cold day, so I've got my LJ top back on under my shirt.  We even had windows opened yesterday!

So, this morning we had to finish up in the bathhouse and then put the signage on the gates and get them opened and when it stopped raining long enough we put up the American flag...and some how, with all of that, Dan managed to see 4 mushrooms growing by the bathhouse.  He can't see an empty roll of toilet paper that needs to be changed, but he can see thimble sized mushrooms in the rain.

And speaking of empty toilet paper rolls..I posted something on our business FB page this morning that possibly you have or have not read, so I'll copy it for you here;
Campers, do you ever check into a park and the owner or manager seems less than cheery? I can give you a reason why WE are less than cheery this morning. One of the toilets that we removed had been a problem last summer. When we took it off, we found a FORK and an empty toilet paper roll. No wonder it wouldn't flush properly! We put an out of order sign on it mid summer last year and left there for the rest of the season.
Can anyone tell me WHY people do things like that???  I really do think that instant karma would be pretty darn interesting!
If we hadn't already planned on replacing this toilet, we would have had to remove it to find out WHY it wouldn't flush properly.  
Another thing I posted was that we had a bobolink here today!  We haven't seen one in YEARS!  By the time I got my camera out of the bag, he was gone.  Hopefully he'll be back!

I guess that is all for now...hoping my other posts show up!

3 comments:

  1. My blog had my last post gone and then back. And I couldn't access anything. We just got home and it looks like it is back to normal. strange stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is posting a comment was different than before and so much easier! :) I like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, so far I don't see the comment thing being different than before. Maybe I will when I go to post this. My blog posts have gotten switched around; did yours??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive