Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

SUNDAY...A DAY FOR VENTING

I NEED TO VENT!!!!

First of all, I weighed myself, in my nightie as always, before I went to the Dr on Thursday.  I knew I would weigh more there since I didn't wear my nightie to town.  I weighed 4 pounds more there, which is about what I figured.  So, when we got home, I weighed myself again to see if I weighed the same on OUR scales as I did the Dr scales (again with all my clothing and work shoes on).  I weighed the same here, so figure our scales are still old but accurate.

Today, was my official once a week weigh morning..same nightie...not taking any chances.  I WEIGHED 5 POUNDS MORE THAN I DID ON THURSDAY!!  Dan weighed himself and he was fine...I'm ready to kill someone or something!  And it can't be "that time of the month" because I haven't had that time of the month in ages (young when I had to have a hysterectomy).  I am soooo p.o'ed about that!!!

And my next vent....As you remember, we try to shop locally.  I'm not going to mention any stores and I'm not even going to mention what it was we were looking for, but let's just say it was going to take a couple of weeks to get it.  I called Friday to see when it would be available to pick up and found out it hadn't even been ordered yet.  The business person was waiting to see if he/she could get another order to go with it so it wouldn't cost him/her so much for shipping charges.

I decided to go online and see what I could find.  I found one at a different store that will be delivered on Thursday.  We got it on sale, plus they knocked off another $5.00 and then by the time they added the delivery and taxes, it was going to cost us more than what it would have cost us locally, but she knocked off another $15.00 on the delivery.    So it actually ended up costing us a bit less than if we'd waited to see if it would eventually get ordered.

But anyway, I am doubling my efforts to lose weight.  I just don't understand what the hell happened in 3 darn days!!!  Do I have to start stuffing celery stalks up my nose instead of actually consuming them??  ARRGGHH!!!

I've been having some fun with my camera as you will see in the next day or so, but in the meantime, scroll down to the post before..the one titled A WHALE OF A TIME.  I will tell you that yes, it is a whale.

Looks to be a pretty day today, but only about 56 degrees.  Hope to get some more outside things done...and burn some damn calories in the process!!!

Later!!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! On the dieting issue. It can be so frustrating. I think it has to be related to water retention so do a day or 2 of just green veggies and lots of them. I generally gain weight when we are traveling or away from home. About 5 pounds a week, I figure which I then have to lose when I get home. This month is going to be hard on the waistline. And I was already up from where I wanted to be a good 10 pounds. I don't want to diet while I am going through radiation treatment as they say fatique can be a problem. But I don't want to have even more pounds to lose once treatment is over. So, I feel your pain! I gained one pound instead of five last week. You have done so well and you will get back on track. In the meantime keep up the wonderful photography. It is being enjoyed by me and many others,I am sure. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, I shouldn't complain about something as inconsequential as weight loss; I've got it good. BUT it is very irritating when I didn't consume any more calories than I have been. I'm going to blame it on the Vicodin. So hopefully by the time I'm able to go without it, I'll have lost 10 pounds!!! I'm glad you enjoy my photography considering what YOU two do!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive