Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

OVER AND OVER AND OVER...AND OVER

I think THAT is how many times we handled each piece of wood, over and over, and over and over.  First ya cut the tree down, throw all that wood in the loader bucket.  Drive that up from the woods and dump it in a pile, go back and get more wood cut, throw it in the bucket, etc, etc.

Then after you have a HUGE pile of wood, you handle it again to put it onto the log splitter.  And if any of that wood falls off the splitter, which it will and does...something about gravity, then you pick it up and toss it into another pile that you started of split wood.

THEN, after many days of doing this, you load each piece into the loader bucket.  You can't just hoss it in there; no, it has to be a certain way to make unloading it more efficient.  So, you get your nice rows of split wood all stacked in the loader bucket, and take it all around to the wood shed.

Once you are at the wood shed, (by the way, our wood shed is made out of chain link fence with a nice metal roof over it), you once again handle every piece of that wood and neatly stack it in the wood shed.  You keep making these trips back from the split wood with nicely stacked wood to the wood shed where you unload it and neatly stack it again.  Doesn't it sound like a hoot??

WELL I CAN TELL YOU THAT YESTERDAY ABOUT 3:00 P.M. I WAS DOING MY DANCE OF JOY!!!  That is a combination between the Running Man and the Funky Chicken.  WE ARE DONE!!  And I was able to put clean clothes on this morning!  I told Dan I was not changing my work clothing until I KNEW we were done with that damn wood.

Ahhhh...clean clothing feels so good.  Now you should see the pile of laundry I've got waiting!

Now, we get to start on the bathhouse and putting it all back together!

5 comments:

  1. ... but you know it does the heart good when you see that stack of neatly piled wood. Nothing compares to wood heat - I miss it!
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cher, this whole bunch of wood isn't for wood heat...it is for campers. Either way, IT IS WORK!!! But, it burns calories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a needlepoint picture that reads "when you cut your own wood, you get warm twice". How true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how are your muscles?? Mine get so sore when I start projects I haven't done in a while....I have been raking (ouch!) and soon will be cleaning out my flower gardens (ouch again) but am always so glad when I get them done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasper, that IS the truth!!! We were shedding jackets and hats the other day!

    Retired One, I've got muscles in the back of my legs that I haven't heard from in YEARS! And my back really was hurting. Dan was miserable with pain because of all of his knee/back/hip issues. I just hope I can convince him we don't need to do this next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive