Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

MUSHROOMS, MOWING AND BATHING IN PUBLIC

I've already told you a little bit about my experience with the new mower.  Dan still hasn't mowed with it, but he's going to start in a couple of days. 

He's been busy in the park with his loader; tearing out trees, picking up brush...and finding mushrooms.  We now have 2 quart bags in the freezer full of them.  Time to start a new bag!  I don't know how he can see them from the loader.  I can hardly see them from the ground!  And it isn't that they are small anymore...I just can't see them like I use to.

Anyway, I know now why there is a seat belt on the mower.  It is so you don't throw yourself off when you suddenly stop  to avoid mowing over a mushroom! 

I'd had enough mowing (black flies were getting a bit friendly) and needed a bathroom break.  I took the key out of the mower and stuck it in my pocket because we don't want someone (usually an unattended child type person) deciding to try to take a joy ride on any of the equipment.

I'd finished doing what I came in for and when I was pulling up my jeans, I saw RED...it startled me!  What was red on me??!!  Then I realized it was coming from my jean pocket and it was flashing on and off, on and off.  AHHHH-HA!!  The key chain (which also will float) has a little switch on it to make it flash like that.

Dan had just come in the house and I yelled at him from the bathroom to come quick, that something was wrong!  So when he got in there, I said "Look at this!"  I still hadn't pulled my jeans up all the way so he could see red flashing on and off in my pocket.  He wanted to know if I had purchased Cracker Jacks and did they still put ring decoders in the box.  Then I showed him it was the key to the new mower.  We find the easiest ways to entertain ourselves.  Give us a strobe light and we're ready to go!

I got a couple of shots of some bathing beauties and thought I'd share them with ya....

SPLISH SPLASH I WAS TAKING A BATH


SPLISH SPLASH I WAS TAKING A BATH


SPLISH SPLASH I WAS TAKING A BATH

4 comments:

  1. You are too funny, Cathy. Glad Dan got to see the flashing light ;-)

    And that is one gorgeous bird. Great photos, as always.

    Happy weekend, xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, I'm back after a hiatus.

    Nice pics. of the birds there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna, Dan gives me a lot of good material to work with! Glad you liked the photos!

    Ekanthapadhikan, I wondered where you had been! I thought the new job was keeping you so busy you weren't blogging anymore. Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww LOVE the bathing beauies pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive