Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

MONDAY IS FAST APPROACHING

And it has been another week that I don't feel like I've lost any weight!  I guess I'll find out Monday morning about 6:30 a.m.  Since my back is better and my knee hasn't been too bad I've been able to go for brisk walks again a couple times a day...trying to out distance the mosquitoes!  If I HAVE lost even a couple of pounds, I'm treating myself to ONE Snicker's ice cream bar.  Tuesday morning is grocery day....time will tell.

Are any other bloggers having difficulty with their enter key to start a new paragraph??

It wasn't a very good weekend for business in our area and from what I've heard many campgrounds downstate felt the pinch too.  Tell me why it is that Obama thinks we should pay $5.00 a gallon for gas?  That he wants us to be like Europe?  I truly must have missed the other side of this story because I just can't believe that.  If anyone knows the rest of the story, please share.

Jan from CR ???, you...you know who you are...I can't think of the CR # right now!  Anyway, a while back you had posted to send you my email address and I didn't have your address so I posted back in the comment section with my email address. I haven't heard from ya...hope everything is OK.

I've got a gallon bag of rhubarb in the freezer.  I don't make good pies, but that is what Dan wants done with it, and since I really don't care for rhubarb I won't have to worry about being tempted by it...if I get one made!  I know it won't take a gallon of rhubarb but I'm starting out small...ONE PIE.  Then maybe some rhubarb crisp.

We're still finding yellow morels!  I wish we had time to go to our woods and look for them.  They are literally just growing in our yard and in the campground.  We've never had this many mushrooms since we moved here.  I don't know what is different about this year.

Well, not much else going on here, so I guess that is all for this time.  I'm posting a photo of a female hummer that I took late in the afternoon a couple days ago.  I've been taking most of my bird photos through the dining room window.  Anyway, the sun was reflecting off the glass feeder which was then hitting the big window and made like a flash in the photo.  I did monkey around with the background trying to get the out of focus polebarn out of view.

Hope you all had a safe holiday weekend.  Later!!

female hummer through window


 

4 comments:

  1. Gary H. / Battle Creek2:26 AM

    0bama said when he was campaigning that he'd be happy with us paying up to $7.00/gal. so we would get away from our oil dependency. Now he wants to help Brazil drill for their oil so "we can be their best customer". This guy is an IDIOT, I for one will be glad to vote him OUT of office in 2012......worst president we've EVER had !!! IMHO !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retied One, thanks! I kind of feel like I cheated though for removing the background as much as I could!

    Gary,I just don't get it and I don't understand how he still has supporters unless they are ALL in his pocket OR he in theirs??? Is it a coincidence that the next ending of the world is 12/12...about the same time HOPEFULLY his term will be up??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary H / Battle Creek12:06 PM

    Most places if you dare say anything remotely against his 0bamaness, you are called racist. Am I racist against his black half, or his white half ? Never have figured that out yet...,,LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive