Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

LOOK AT ME, WILL YA???

There are 3 males and no females yet, so needless to say, the turf wars have begun.  Just wait till a little female shows up and then the "fun will commence"!

Two of the 3 male hummers were fighting outside of our living room window.  Most of the shots were deleted because they were so bad, but this one turned out just slightly better than the others!  Thank GOD we don't have to use film anymore!!!

I need to get me some camo gear so I can sit outside of the window to take photos instead of bringing a dining room chair in the living room and sitting there for ever....



5 comments:

  1. Awesome shot, especially through the window. Thanks for reminding me the hummers are back. I saw one sitting on a branch early this morning and still forgot to get the feeder out.
    BlessYourHeart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any females by me yet ~ just the males. I wonder why they don't show up at the same time? Do they travel a different migration route? Do the males get here first to find the nesting spot? ?????? You intrigued me with this topic. I'll have to do some research on this:)

    Yes! Thank God we don't have to use film cameras anymore. I couldn't imagine having to go back to those. Technology is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dar, thanks! Especially since the windows haven't been cleaned yet and my camera wanted to focus on dirt!! Get your feeders out there!

    Mel, I don't know why the males are the first to show, unless they don't have as much baggage??! Last year was the first year we've ever had a female show up first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXCELLENT shot!!! They are so danged fast and everytime I try to shoot them they take flight and disappear like little magicians. The males show up first as scouts in a lot of birds. Bluebirds, hummers etc. My males showed up on Mothers Day and the females a week later.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cher, thanks! It was incentive to wash those windows!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive