Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, May 23, 2011

IT IS HELL TO GET OLD!

This was weigh day...and I didn't lose any weight since last week, so I've been stuck on this spot for 2 weeks now.  ARRGGHHH!!!  I guess the good news is I haven't gained any weight.  Maybe my fat is turning to muscle and that is why I haven't lost anymore...yeah, that's it.  I'm going with that.

When there are days that I'm not exceptionally physically active with campground work I still try to get a couple of walks in per day, but for the past month, even before my back problem of a couple weeks ago, I've been having knee problems with my GOOD knee.  So it is getting very hard to do any major walking, at least the kind that would burn calories.  There is no swelling at all, but the pain can be very bad across the BACKSIDE of my knee.  It is totally different than the pain I had last year when I had to have the scope on my right knee.  Sometimes it will even hurt across the top of my foot.  Dan thinks it is my orthotics.  I'm hoping it is something simple like fluid that needs to be drained off.

And the reason I'm going with that thought is because of two dreams that I've had since this started.  I dreamed that I had water faucets IN my knee that were protruding through the skin.  No bleeding, just water faucets and yes, when you turned a faucet on, it ran water.  I would think though, if there is fluid on the knee I'd have some swelling.  I sure hope it is something simple that doesn't require another operation.  This is the wrong time of year for me to be laid up and I sure don't want to be laid up this fall when we are getting ready to leave for the winter.  If it isn't a quick fix, I'm hoping the Dr will go with cortisone injections....

I don't like NOT being able to be active or at least be able to help Dan out in areas that he could use some help.  My back is much better so I don't want to mess that up (ended up going to the chiropractor 3 times) and now this.  Yep, I think voodoo dolls must be real and I need to find out who is using mine!


Anyway, here is a ticked off oriole.  He'd been trying for all he was worth to get juice out of the hummer feeder.  I think the reason his bill looks so purple is due to photographing through our tinted window in the dining room.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya about this getting old crud ... I was hoping I would age gracefully but no such luck. Some days are worse than others and the weather plays a huge part in it. I hope you find a quick fix for that knee.
    Love the pick of your oriole ~ still waiting for some to show up here. They see them at the end of our block but not here.
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cher, I had been doing so well with no aches or pains and this just suddenly came on with my knee. I'm hoping I can get by till next spring if surgery is required. Orioles are strange birds about where they go. Our neighbors never see any of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive