Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

HOW GOES IT

 glass horse
 


Dan and I had the appointment with my physician.  My Dr. expressed his concerns over the continuing saga of my low WBC, but there is a new fly in the ointment to go along with it.

My ESR or erythrocyte sedimentation rate, which measures how much inflammation is on one's body, is WAY high this time.  It always has been a little high, but it went from 52 last time to 83 this time.  Normal is 0-25.

He wanted me to see an oncologist again since it had been 3 years since the last one.  I asked him what tests, other than another bone marrow test, could an oncologist order that HE couldn't order.  So, we agreed that he would take all my info and consult with a new oncologist that comes to Newberry twice a week.  My Dr is supposed to get back to me in a couple of weeks and let me know what he and she came up with.

Then there was the issue of my cholesterol.  We decided instead of switching medication I would start taking Lopid twice a day instead of once per day.  That is what a person is normally put on to begin with.  I told him way back when I was on two per day but my numbers got too low so we went to once a day several years ago.

So we moved on to my sore back that I've had since last Saturday.  I rated my pain today as about an 8.  I had tried heat, ice, Ibuprofen, etc during the past week and nothing had helped.  This morning I had to have Dan tie my left shoe because it hurt too much to bend over.  Dr knows I'm not a pill taker so he offered me a couple of choices as far as medication.  So I will try the one he suggested and hopefully it clears it up...or makes life bearable!



red horse



I know you have figured out these photos are of an Indian on a horse, but they are another example of macro...this figure of the horse and Indian are inside a crystal cube.  The true color of it is pretty much see through, but I played around with it a little bit.

I guess we are going to FINALLY be able to bleach the water lines to the campsites today.  So I better get going so I can help Dan with all of that.

Later!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG girlie, I'll be praying overtime for your strength and patience to get through this.
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive