Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING TO YA

I think everyone should start out the week, bright and early on a Sunday with a heart attack!  Brought on by being in a deep sleep and an alarm clock (that no one remembers setting!) going off about 5:10 a.m!  Dan didn't even hear it.  Sometimes I think he can sleep through anything.  Then other times he can hear a mouse eating a marshmallow outside underneath the closed window.


Yesterday was another gorgeous day.  And Dan even has planted a small garden.  He use to have a fairly large garden until we decided to be gone through the winters.  I think we planted a row of radishes (he likes), a row of red potatoes (which WE like), some peaches and cream sweetcorn (who doesn't like??), and a row of peas.  He went out later and planted one big boy tomato plant and one cherry plant.  Then he turned on his irrigation for about 45 minutes.  We have been waiting for it to rain for about a week now and last night the Weather Wizards took the chances down to about 20% so he figured he might as well water it and I watered what few outside plants that I have...and sometime after midnight we had a nice rain.

Speaking of watering my outside plants, I have a two gallon watering can (plastic if that counts as a can!).  I filled it up and went out with it, and tipped it so it would sprinkle on my plants...except it wasn't sprinkling very well.  I looked in the sprinkling cap and I could see there was some debris in it.  I unscrewed the top and it was full of sunflower seeds!!  Some mouse had been storing seeds in it, clear up in the neck of it!  HOW do they get into these places??  I shouldn't be too surprised; after all, some mouse had sunflowers growing out of my washing machine!

So I mowed again yesterday on the new mower...and I DID use my seat belt.  I managed to find 3 very nice size black mushrooms and also managed to mow over a couple of smaller ones.

(Are any other bloggers having issues with the enter button when you want to start a new paragraph that it doesn't move down to start a paragraph?  I mean your cursor doesn't move down...in fact sometimes I have to go looking for it within the text I've already typed.  It only does this with blogger, not MS Word or Access.  I've sent them an email but I might as well have sent that to the moon)

And speaking of mice...yesterday my corded mouse died!  I could scroll with it but I couldn't do anything else with it, then it got so that the cursor disappeared entirely while you were scrolling.  Fortunately I have a wireless mouse so I could use that.  I called Ace Hardware this morning, which also houses the Radio Shack.  I asked "Do you have a mouse with a USB?"  The gal said "What??"  I said "Do you have a mouse with a USB?"  She replied she didn't have a clue what I was talking about so I asked her if she could transfer me to Radio Shack which she did.  Fortunately they have two on hand; both are USB mice (mouses??) and one has a retractable cord...never heard of that before!  If it retracts as fast as my sweeper cord retracts, that could be dangerous.  I can just see that thing go flying across my desk and into my face!

Well, I think that is about all for today unless something REALLY exciting happens...and since it is raining I don't know what that might be!

A hen, minus any chicks after I had sprinkled the plants.

3 comments:

  1. A very pretty macro, Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pic ~ you scared me when you mentioned 'heart attack' ~ glad all is well
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retired One, thanks! They are about the only outside plant I have any luck with spreading all over the place!

    Cher, sorry about that! But that darn alarm made my heart pound for a moment or two!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive