Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, May 30, 2011

FAT FEET???

As you may know if you've been with me a while, I have feet problems (or is it foot problems??).  I have flat, wide feet, not pretty feet at all.  I wear arch supports and buy shoes that help with over-pronation (which about the limit is New Balance).

And as you also may know, I've been trying to take off weight and have been stuck at the same weight for two weeks.  Today at 6:30 a.m. was weigh day.  I wore the same nightgown and my glasses (we don't have a digital scale so we both need glasses to read the darn thing).  I really didn't think I'd lost any weight this past week, I just didn't feel like it.  The ONLY thing that felt any looser on me was my shoes!  Can you lose weight in your feet???

So, I actually washed my face before I put my glasses on, trying to make sure my eyes were fully functioning..I got on the scales...and I am 80 ounces lighter than last week!!  Which equates to 5 pounds, but 80 ounces sounds more impressive.  I decided to go back to bed for a while and ponder that...I couldn't believe that I'd finally moved the scale to the tune of 5 pounds.  I got up about 30 minutes later and weighed again and had to same result so it has to be true!!!

So, in celebration of this event (and my skinny feet), I had Dan take a photo of his happy baby and her lighter feet!!


Tomorrow is grocery and banking day so I can treat myself to a Snickers ice cream bar...heck I might buy a whole package of them and share them with Dan!  He's taking off weight too; he's lost about 5 pounds and hopes to take off about 10 more. 

So, don't call me or email me tomorrow night after 8 p.m....I'm going to be slowly enjoying a Snicker's ice cream bar!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:24 PM

    is your hair really that short??? ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS - GOOD FOR YOU! gotta love a surprise in the right direction on the scale. I think I found what you lost. argh! Have a great shopping day and enjoy your snickers ice cream bar(s)
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive