Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

BBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I so look forward to bed time.  I'm that much attracted to my new pillow.  I hate to leave bed in the morning anymore because of that pillow.  And I don't like to be rudely awakened when I'm in a deep sleep.

How is it that I don't hear the sounds of traffic going by during the night, but one freaking little mosquito sounds like a jet hovering over my head???

I covered my head and tried to ignore it, but I knew he was still out there just waiting.  I half expected him to start pulling the covers off my head.  Why is he bothering ME instead of Dan??  Some say they are attracted to pleasant smells, so at least THAT is a huge load off my mind.

I ventured out from under the covers and I didn't hear any bzzzzing.  I let out a big sigh and HE WAS BACK in an instant.  I then remembered that some experts say that they are attracted to our breath....so I figured I'd hold mine and see if that helped.

By the time my facial color matched the blue in the bedspread, I couldn't hear the mosquito anymore (but it could have been because my ears were ready to pop from holding my breath.).  I can only hold my breath for so long...and it isn't very long.  But it did the trick!  I didn't hear him anymore and was able to go back to sleep!

I got up to make the coffee and take my shower....never thinking about the mosquito.  I nonchalantly itched my neck.  Didn't think anything about it.  Then I nonchalantly itched my forehead in  a couple of places.  Then the top of my head, then behind my ear.

By the time I got the coffee beans ground and the coffee going, I was an itching fool from the neck up!  He nailed me pretty darn good.  I look like I've got pimples on my forehead. and I look like I might have some kind of an eye condition developing because he got me right in the corner of my eye.

Once you know those itches are there, it is hard to ignore them.  And Dan said he doesn't have any bites.  I really DO want to be attractive, but NOT TO MOSQUITOES!!!

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.

This isn't a mosquito but I was having fun with my camera yesterday.  The blue one I increased the saturation and that is why it is blue (for fun).




6 comments:

  1. Gary H. / Battle Creek1:56 PM

    It's not a he, only the females bite. Also the males are a lot BIGGER than the females.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, well of course the males are bigger! Isn't that the way of the world?? but I couldn't tell the size other than sounding like a jet! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also thinking about my "pillow affection" lately. I have carried my pillow with me the last few weeks because I realized how much better I slept,wherever I be, with my pillow. It is a big soft one, not expensive, I think it originally came from Walmart, but I do love that pillow. I was just thinking last week that pillow reminded me of this big oversized floppy, soft stuffed dog that I got for Christmas when I was about 8 years old. Slept with that dog as my pillow for my preteen years and maybe beyond. Can't remember why I gave it up. With "my pillow" now I feel like I have it back. I guess babies have their blankies.. I have my pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, what few times we have to stay in a motel, I hate it when I don't have my own pillow. I usually go without one in that case. I DO wish mine was about 16" shorter. They went from 15" long to this one at 48" long! Nothing in between!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool macro, Cathy...it does great macros..what kind is it again? Is it a point and shoot or DSLR?? did you crop it to get this magnification or is this a raw shot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Retired One, thanks. The fly was very cooperative, just walking around on the window in the door! I just have a point and shoot, Pentax X90. It does amazing things for not being a DSLR. The bottom photo was cropped, the top was not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive