Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, April 11, 2011

SO FAR....

We did get home late Saturday afternoon. 

With me being so darn under the weather with the cold and larngytis, we didn't get  a lot taken care of.  Just necessities out of the 5th wheel.  All I wanted to do was put air back in the bed and crawl under the covers.

No TV, no internet, no running water...felt like Gilligan's Island minus some of the characters.

Today, the wellman showed up and got the lines turned back on....except the lines that go to the kitchen sink are not letting any water through.  Long story, but some plumbing will have to be done before I can have water in the kitchen.

Fine, I can deal a bit longer with that.

But what I have been anxious for is the water heater to be filled up, fired up and ready to take a shower.  It appears a mouse tried to build a nest in the water heater.  Dan managed to suck that out but then found some other debris that will require the experts to come take care of it.  SOOOOO we're waiting on that.

Can't really do the ton of laundry till I have at least some warm water.

That is where we are SO FAR.... at least we can use water in the bathroom!!

Back in a day or two.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're still not feeling the best. Hope you kick this illness in the butt soon. Before you know it, you'll have everything back up and running as is should be. If we lived closer I'd offer my shower.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive