Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

MEMORIES

Today was a rain day...and a laundry morning.

For the past couple of days we have been filling the wood shed and figured we'd get another 5 loads in there today.

So, while watching the rain this afternoon, I decided to put on some OLD tapes and CDs.  I'm going to list the songs we listened to and see if they bring back any specific memories for you.  If a song reminds you of a time in your life, please feel free to share with us in the comment section (or more than one song if ya want to!)

KOKOMO (reminds me of the last time I took my daughter and some of her friends to Cedar Point..we had a great time..at one of the saloons at Cedar Point there stage performers sang this song)
TURN THE BEAT AROUND
GET OUT OF MY DREAMS
SUGAR PIE HONEY BUNCH  (even though the song was from the 60's it reminds me of our Sr. Class trip 1970)
ADDICTED TO LOVE (loved to walk to this one)
TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART (feeling sorry for myself with a bottle of wine, in my apartment and singing to this song at the top of my voice)
CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE  (what else but a concert!!!)
MESSING WITH A SON OF A BITCH
NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY
HOLD ON LOOSLY
CAUGHT UP IN YOU
WE WILL ROCK YOU  (our son's basket ball games)
BETTY DAVIS EYES
GLORIA ( a lip sync competition I was in)
I FEEL FOR YOU
YOU MAKE MY DREAMS
GO YOUR OWN WAY
BLUES THEME (sneaking a ride on a motorcycle without my parents permission)
TALK TALK
ANGEL STANDING BY ME
SOMEBODY TO LOVE  (my psychadelic, green granny glasses years)
WHITER SHADE OF PALE
TIME OF THE SEASON
HURDY GURDY MAN (see SOMEBODY TO LOVE)
TIME HAS COME TODAY (reminds me of a soldier who was in Viet Nam that I was writing to, 1967 I think. It was his favorite song.  I think I was either a Freshman or Soph.  Found out later that Benny had stepped on a land mind and died)
IN-A-GODDA-DA-VIDDA
SHARE THE LAND
LAY DOWN  (see SOMEBODY TO LOVE...and Nehru jackets.)
JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE MIND
INCENSE AND PEPPERMINTS
WHITE ROOM
HUSH  (they always played this song on one of the rides at the fair...can't remember the name of the ride, but this song was ALWYS playing.  It WAS a good ride!)
REACH OUT IN THE DARKNESS  (breaking up with a boy)
JUDY IN DISGUISE
BREAD AND BUTTER
WALK DON'T RUN
BIRDS AND THE BEES (my first boyfriend; what a sweetheart Gale was)
ROMEO AND JULIET
BOTTLE OF WINE (fruit of the vine!!)
HERE COMES MY BABY
LAUGH, LAUGH
HIPPY HIPPY SHAKE (listening to my transistor radio with my earplug in so mom and dad wouldn't know I WAS listening to the radio after bedtime)
96 TEARS
PIPELINE
CHICK A BOOM (I called my first car, a 64 Chevy Belaire, Chick A Boom)
GIMMEE, GIMMEE GOOD LOVING  (Crazy White Elephant..name of the group..don't think we ever heard from them again!)
DRAGIN' THE LINE
MY SHARONA
DIRTY DEEDS
WALK THIS WAY
MONY, MONY (BILLY IDOL'S VERSION) (great to dance to still today!)
GREEN ONIONS
SMOKE ON THE WATER
BLUE NAVY BLUE
I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL  (being at a bar and a guy that my girlfriend wanted decided on me)
STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN
I CAN SEE FOR MILES (out with a girlfriend who had her license and we went tooling instead of going to the church like she told her parents!  And her dad was a minister!  And some how we ended up taking a bowl of spoon fudge with us on that ride!)
LADY MARMALADE
PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC
THIRTY DAYS IN THE HOLE
LADY MARMALADE (REMIX)

Well, that's MOST of them.

Any memories in there for you??!!  See I didn't just listen to the Beatles!

2 comments:

  1. ha ha...i recognize most of them...a band i go to hear when i can find a sitter, plays a lot of them...I guess Smoke on the Water and Total Eclipse of the Heart stand out the most....Total Eclipse reminds me of my ex, nice guy, just had issues that he needed to work out and i found someone else and married him before my ex got his life straightened out...it truly was a Total Eclipse of the Heart.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, thanks for sharing! There are a lot of memories in many of those songs, but some memories are best left not explained! HA!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive