Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

WHAT GOES ON INSIDE A BLOSSOM?

I can't help it; there are SOOO many wonderful things to practic my macro on right now....but I will get to that in a moment or two.

Yesterday we were doing laundry (only a couple more times of paying to wash and dry before getting home to my own washer, dryer and electric bill!).  One of the dryers I was using made an awful noise as soon as I started it.  But it got hot and was drying the clothing so we just put up with the racket. 

By the time the dryer was done, I think the other 3 people in the building were sick of listening to it ker-thunk and squeek.  It sounded like I was drying a pair of army boots and had a screeching cat thrown in for good measure.

I told Dan I needed to find something to put on the handle of the dryer so others would know it was a D. I. D.  Dan said "What in the hell is a D I D??"  I replied (with a straight face) "It is the universal symbol for a Dryer In Distress."  He wasn't sure whether I was pulling his leg or not...but he didn't ask any more about it.

All I could find to put on the handle was a sheet of fabric softener and tied it in a knot around the handle.  Hopefully someone will fix that noisy thing!

Anyway...here is what I mean by what goes on inside a blossom.

When I took the close up of the stamen on the flower, I had no idea there was a little creature inside the flower.  It was only after I uploaded it to my computer that I could see this little fella.

what goes on in a blossom


And the other photo is just a glimpse of this glorious tree.  We were told it is a flowering crabapple tree.  The bumble bees have left this tree and the little honey bees have taken over.  It is such a wonderful tree!!

what goes on in a blossom



1 comment:

  1. WOW ~ I can smell those blossoms all the way from the U.P.
    Not to rain on your parade but we are expecting another snow storm up here. You might want to stay away longer than you planned.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive