Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A HIDDEN NEST

a little hidden nest to call home

WEEE-UUUU!  I'm glad that I am finished completing those forms.  I don't know why it was so nerve-wracking but it was.  I guess because you have to be careful to not make any mistakes and to enter everything correctly, in the right spot, hit the right button to save, make sure you don't use the back button if you need to go to the previous page, etc, etc.  But it is done.  I think it took me about 2 hours to do Dan's and mine.

It is a VERY windy day today so we are surprised to still see boaters at the ramp.  Yesterday we had 4 without paying the fee and today we had two...so far.  We make the rounds again at 6 and at 9 p.m  There was one boat out on our end of the lake yet after midnight.  I don't think they were spearing!

So, the next four days is our time off, but since we don't have another person here to take our 4 days off, when we happen to be around, we will check the ramp, etc.  We've got a few things to do this week; getting ready to take off next week.  I hate to think of that drive back to Michigan!  I hope there aren't any weather surprises along the way.

That's how it is for us today; what's up in YOUR neck of da woods??

3 comments:

  1. Nice pic! Have a safe trip back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, We've been in Florida for 3 weeks now but we don't have internet at our rental place. :(. So I haven't kept up with the blog. We're sitting in a restaurant right now using their wifi.

    I hear there is a big ice storm coming to our home in southern Michigan tomorrow. I worry about our house but our neighbor will check on the house for us.

    We're heading back north next week. I am loving the weather here. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanette, thanks! And we pray to have a safe trip back! Sounded like our area was getting some bad weather overnight.

    Brenda, the weather here has been perfect too! I LOVE waking up with the sun shining through the pines and looking out my little bedroom window to see it! Gonna miss these things! Be safe!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive