Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, March 18, 2011

BOF...BIRDS OF (A) FEATHER (BIRD PHOTOS)

Sorry, I just can't help it....it is spring here and there are spring things to take photos of.  I know not all my readers/followers are into birds, let alone photography. 

But for those of you who are.....

nosy little wren

This little wren (above) is about the nosiest, busiest bird we've ever seen!  She is into everything!  She sings early in the morning and late into the evening.  She is like white on rice!  ALL OVER THE PLACE!

hungry little nuthatch

hungry little nuthatch

And every birder has to have a nuthatch or two in their photos, right?

80 degrees expected today!  I'll be sitting under that red blossomed tree with all the bees and trying to get THOSE shots!

5 comments:

  1. beautiful birds!!!!!!! the robins are back in the land of the trolls...i am seeing them by the dozens here at my Grams...it was 71 yesterday, I took a picture of the thermometer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those birds are real cuties. Saw our first redwinged blackbird at our feeder yesterday, but only one...but at least I know that spring is on its way! LOL Still have snow in our yard, but Marquette hardly has any left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birds of a Feather:Phish
    Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, Dan really misses seeing our winter birds; like the snowbuntings and pine grosbeaks. Hummers have been spotted in the area but we haven't seen any.

    Retired One...That is a sure sign of spring! The RW blackbirds I mean. Snow being gone can just be a cruel joke!

    Tractor Guy...THERE YOU ARE!! Hadn't heard from ya in a while. Yep, you are right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive