Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

TAKING A WALK WITH MY SUGAR

It is about 500 footsteps TO our mailbox so obviously it is 500 footsteps back. It is a real, tiny walk to get there and back, just enough to get you in the mood for a REAL walk. And it kind of gets ya perking for the day.




It isn’t every day that we have mail to take to the mailbox, but usually when we do, Dan is the one who takes it out and then I’m the one who goes out to check later in the day.



Dan was taking an envelope to the mailbox the other day. He had gone out the door, shut it and I figured he was off to the mailbox…until I saw the envelope still on the counter, right by the coffee maker, right where I had put it.



He must be outside checking something out or looking for something in the basement of the 5th wheel.



It wasn’t that much later when he came in and immediately went right back out. I had been in the bedroom so I wasn’t sure what he was up to. When I came down to the kitchen I noticed the envelope was gone…and what was this?? That wasn’t there before, was it? OH, that’s right. Dan DID have coffee and he always has quite a bit of sugar in his coffee. So why didn’t I remember the sugar container being there a moment ago? Oh, well….



Dan eventually came back in and fixed himself a 2nd cup of coffee. I had put the sugar container back in the cupboard so now he was looking for it. I told him I thought he was done with coffee so I had put the sugar back in the cupboard.



He said “Why didn’t you do that before?” I said “I didn’t SEE it there before. What’s the big deal?”



“I took that damn sugar container half way to the mailbox before I realized I had THAT and not the envelope!”



At least he realized it BEFORE he managed to put it IN the mailbox!

7 comments:

  1. wilson7:51 PM

    what a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, poor Dan, thank you for the laugh my husband and I enjoyed at your expense! That is too funny! Love it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wilson...Dan might not agree with that. He has NO idea how much fodder he provides me to blog about!

    Amy...Hey! Anything to please my readers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually copied your story (gave you the kudos of course) onto my facebook page...several people have commented as to how funny that was...i don't know if you do facebook or not, but here is a link to mine http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1615756919

    PS...I hope you aren't upset with me, I probably should have asked... sorry.. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. A senior moment no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you are so much like me! LOL At least now I know I'm not the only one ...
    'hugs from afar'
    P.S. ~ are your pupils back to normal now? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, no problem at all!!! Dan might walk around with a bag over his head though... Have your FB friends become Yooper Yarn followers!

    Laskye, I hadn't thought of that!!

    Cher, How'd you know I had my pupils dialated?? I don't remember mentioning that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive