Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

SHOP TILL YOU DROP???

Today started out with the plan of going to Wal-mart to pick up some more 2 gallon jugs of water and then going to Chili’s for a late lunch.

You know how Dan and I both hate to shop…get in, get what you want, get out.

It didn’t quite go that way today.

The Wal-Mart at Cartersville had all kinds of “good deals” and signs that beckoned to me “TRY ME ON!!!”
ME??? SHOPPING???

Hey, when pretty sweaters are marked down to $5.00 you betcha. And very soft, pull over turtle necks are marked down to $3.00?? Who could resist?? And even some of the summer tops were on sale. I came away with 2 of the pullovers, 2 sweaters, a couple of summer blouses and one summer pull over top.

AND EVEN DAN GOT SOME NEW CLOTHING!! He got a light denim jacket, lined in sweatshirt material, for $7.50!!! And we got him 3 or 4 pullover Faded Glory men’s shirts that were $5.00 a piece.

We did good and felt pleased with our purchases…and almost forgot the water!

Then we decided, for the heck of it, we would go a mattress store that is right behind Chili’s. We know at some point we are going to replace the mattress that came with the 5th wheel, but right now, we can handle how it “sleeps”.

I don’t think you can go in a mattress store but what there isn’t a sale on. Same with this one. We looked at quite a few, narrowed it down to one, told the salesman we’d think about it and let him know. He gave us his business card, wrote down the price for us (since we only need the mattress and not the foundation, which knocked off another $20). The one we picked out was on sale for 60% off. And it seems so comfortable and the top is so cuddly and soft. It is hard to believe that there really are bedsprings in it!

We went to Chili’s for our late lunch, talked about the mattress and went back after Chili’s to talk a bit more with the salesman. I also asked him if he might have any pillows for a person with neck problems. It happened they were having a discontinuance sale on these particular pillows (I can’t remember the kind or brand name). They are normally $125.00 for a pillow but they are getting rid of them at $25.00…we bought two. I can’t wait to try my new pillow out tonight!  Dan isn't sure if he'll like his.

Tomorrow, we have to go back to town because with all the new shirts and sweaters, I don’t have enough hangers!!! So, while we are in town, we will stop by and purchase that mattress. It will be worth the $50 delivery charge to have them deliver, take out the old one, bring the new one in and set it in place. Dan and I wouldn’t be able to do that ourselves…not in a 5th wheel. Not without a lot of cussing and huffing!

Hard to believe it is February!!! Another 6 or 7 weeks and we’ll be headed homeward. We’ve already started getting quite a few online reservations for camping and several lodging inquiries. I just hope people are in better moods this year than last year!!

5 comments:

  1. Yup - that confirms it, you're our kind of people. We're sale shoppers too! Sounds like you two did well for yourselves. And just in case I haven't mentioned it for bit - We can't wait until this summer when we come over and meet you and Dan in person.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feb.2 we got 16" of snow.Only drove for 4 1/2hrs today.then i parked my truck and called it a day.pretty bad out there this am.i am ready for spring!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wilson9:42 PM

    nothing better than the comfy-cozy feeling ya get, when ya got a new bed to crawl into..sleep tight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cher, I just HATE to shop and the cost of it is part of the reason. I don't mind shopping for others, but never for myself...even when I was less heavy than I am now. But I'm excited about these purchases!! I can't wait to meet you guys this summer!

    Tractor Guy..I forgot what part of Mi you live in. My daughter has to drive from Athens to Battle Creek to work at the VA hospital. She started out trying to go yesterday but gave up and came home. She went in today and said it was still bad. We don't miss that!!

    Wilson, We're looking forward to it!! Hopefully we will like it as much as we did in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear you are heading back to the U.P..! I hope we can see each other again this year...it would be great if you could stop here and stay here BEFORE the camping season begins, because I know you can't get away easily after that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive