Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, February 04, 2011

JUMPIN' FOR JOY!!! AND HASHBROWNS ON THE SIDE

My new camera has a lot of features that I am just learning to use.  Since Dan purchased a tripod a couple of weeks ago, it has made it a lot easier to try out some of these features. 

You can tell from this shot that I didn't have the tripod adjusted quite right.  Notice our upper body is missing on each of us. 

Actually, this is not us (as if you thought it was with the SUPER STOCK watermark on the bottom!!), but we ARE getting our new bed this afternoon and are anxious for night fall to see if it feels as good HERE as it did THERE.  But, THERE was only about a 5 minute test! 

We don't have head room enough to jump up and down on the bed,  but we can roll around without fear of falling OUT of our bed.  There isn't any way either one of us could become wedged between the bed and the wall!

So, it is driving me nuts knowing that there isn't any sense in making our bed this morning because this afternoon we'd have to unmake it.  I just don't like to NOT have the bed made!!!

It will be interesting to see how this all comes about; getting the old one out and the new one in.  Hope nothing gets broken or torn off the wall!!

About the hashbrowns...if you've ever eaten breakfast at a Cracker Barrel, you may be familiar with their cheesy hasbrown casserole (or whatever they call it).  I usually make a 13"x 9"  (cake pan size) pan of this casserole 3 or 4 times during the summer months.  It tastes even better heated up than fresh from the oven.

Because of not carrying all my kitchen gadgets with me when we live in our 5th wheel, I buy frozen hash browns to make a different version of this casserole.  I thought I would share my changed recipe with you.

I use about 1/2 of the frozen hashbrowns (so that makes it about 16 ounces) and let them partially thaw.  With that I beat in a jumbo size egg, add about a cup of fat free sour cream, and a hand full of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Salt and pepper to your taste.  (You don't have to use fat free sour cream, but I TRY to cut where I can).  Then I spray a 10" frying pan, dump the concoction into the pan and fry. 

When it is nice and brown on one side, I take my spatula to divide it into 4ths so it is easier to flip over.  Then brown it on the other side.  We like ours a deeper brown so it is a bit crunchy on one side.  If there is just two of ya, you've got 4 sections of potatoes so you've got some left for supper or breakfast the next day.  ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. wilson7:50 PM

    i bet you'll be in bed early tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilson, you've got that right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumping for Joy
    Linval Thompson
    12-07-04
    don't wear out the bed in one nite!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive