Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, February 05, 2011

HEAD BANGER

You know how much I enjoy music…all KINDS of music. I still enjoy listening to heavy metal bands but I never considered myself a head banger. Mainly because I can’t afford the risk of whip lash and if I didn’t get whiplash I would end up with a severe head ache.

Last night, I found out that I AM indeed a head banger…and it DOES hurt! It hurts like a son of a gun!

Our new mattress was delivered yesterday (during a down pour). It was very easy with the guys getting the new one in and the old one out. The only thing left for me to do was dry the walls and floor and then Dan and I made up the new bed!

We were excited to try out our new bed (NO, NOT like that…well, unless you ask Dan) so we did retire early last night.

The new mattress is probably about 3” thicker than the one we disposed of.
Dan laughed about having to get on his tippy toes in order to get his rear end on the bed (he has the EASY side to get in). My side is next to the closet mirrors and there isn’t a lot of wiggle room between the bed and the closet mirrors. AND, there are the two electrical cords that go from the heated mattress pad to the outlet on my side so I have to “dance” around those. I usually end up crawling up the end of the bed…it’s easier than trying to come in sideways (I may not think so 10 years from now!!).
I proceeded to get into my side of the bed and did not allow for the additional thickness of the mattress. I hit my head solidly on the “overhang” that is the slide out part of the bed (where our heads and upper body are). DAMN!! Did that hurt!! After Dan made sure I was not going to pass out he had a good chuckle.

Dan said he had a good night’s sleep but I’m going to require a couple more nights to try to get use to it. I hope I like it a LOT better than those darn pillows we purchased at the mattress store!
Remember the pillows I told you about? The one’s that WERE over $125 (or whatever it was) and marked down to $25.00?? They are supposed to be good for the neck, right?

We tried THOSE out the first night we had them. I retrieved my old “pillow” about 4 hours into the night. So Dan has two new pillows. I’m still using my ‘sausage’. That’s about the only way I can describe it. It WAS a bolster pillow but I’m using it for my sleeping pillow. It’s about 30” long and maybe 20” around…so no pillow cases fit it properly. It is very soft foam. In fact, when I lay my head on it, it probably goes down to a thickness of an inch. And I am a pillow hugger so this is like a mini-version of a body pillow for me. I can put my head on one end and hug the rest of it to me. 

One night, Dan rolled over and cuddled up to me, put his arm around me (I was sleeping on my side). I could feel HIM feeling my pillow down about where my ribcage and stomach is. He finally said “Jesus! That must be your pillow!!” I’m not sure if he thought I had developed Dolly Parton boobs during the night or if I had a really sloppy, soft tummy!

And remember those shirts we bought for Dan that were on sale?? I tried to talk him into getting more of them but he said “nah”. NOW that he has worn one a couple of times, he wants to get more! I HOPE they still have some when we are able to go back!! MEN!

Are you all set for the Super Bowl!? At least they can’t blame US for the weather they are having! Remember last year when we were staying outside Dallas near Ennis, Tx and we had all that snow, roofs collapsed, etc??? WE ARE BLAMELESS IN THIS ONE!!

So, who are you rooting for? What colors are you painting your face or chest??

7 comments:

  1. Funny on Dan feeling up the pillow! OMG we even sleep the same! ROFL - Or should I say toss and turn, rearrange pillows, flip-flopping our way into morning! I have such a hard time getting my neck, mid and low back comfortable. And I'm short so that's pretty much all of me! Becareful crawling into bed tonight :)
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're rooting for the Packers tonight but it will be a quiet night here. Very funny story about the pillows! Enjoy your time in the South. We are heading to Florida on Feb. 26-just 20 days from now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cathy, I sure hope your head is feeling better. It sounds like you really bopped it.

    Isn't it amazing how a good pillow can change or whole night's sleep. It's such a simple thing but so hard to find the perfect one.

    I'm watching the Super Bowl. It's the start of the 2nd quarter and I still haven't seen a great commercial yet :-( As you can tell, I don't care much about the football.

    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cher, I didn't know whether to be upset or depressed about Dan and my pillow!! I let him off easy on that one!

    Brenda, have a safe trip! Hopefully the weather will cooperate for ya!

    Tractor Guy..good choice!

    Joanna, I don't know what I'll do when my bolster wears out! I haven't been able to find another one like it! Head is fine now! Just a bit of a knot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am just now trying to "back read" blogs that I missed when we were on our 3 week trip to Florida. I have a lot of reading to do.
    That Packer game was a nailbiter and a fantastic game...so glad the Pack won!!
    I thought you guys got a huge pad for your bed just a few months ago? I guess I am behind. ha What did you do with the old mattress then?
    I see Georgia is having a ton of rain..we lucked out when we went to Savannah..it was about 70 degrees and balmy and sunny and then the day we left it was cold and just starting to cloud up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive