Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

EUREKA!!

Remember my utter disappointment to not be able to find Brach’s chocolate stars??!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!




In the Ingles Grocery store is a section that has bulk food; anything from fresh peanut butter to all flavors of almonds, cashews and various candy. They even have the kind of candy my Grandma and Grandpa First always had on hand…little white chewy squares with little bits of jelly type candy inside of that; individually wrapped. Do you remember those?



And around the corner from those types of candy was chocolate covered peanuts, other assorted types of chocolate candy AND WHAT TO MY WANDERING EYES SHOULD APPEAR??!!! BRACH’S CHOCOLATE STARS!!!! At $4.03 a pound!! I don’t need a pound! But I could take ½ pound with no qualms!



Considering we had just treated ourselves to a movie and had purchased a large bag of M&M chocolate covered peanuts at Wal-Mart before we went to the show (my purse makes a good saddle bag, but with that candy in there it made me lean to the left), I opted to NOT purchase any of the stars…not this trip anyway! They’ll be there another day (I HOPE!!).



I had an eye exam at the Wal-Mart vision center a couple of days ago. I was very surprised by the thoroughness of the exam. It was more exam than I’ve ever had at the optometrist in Newberry…and less expensive.



I told the Dr I was having a very hard time taking photographs and felt my vision has changed. After the exam he told me the glasses I’ve been wearing were too strong in one eye and weak in the other. Then he asked me if I was left handed or right handed. I told him I was left handed at most things and left eye dominant. He felt that explained the issue with my existing glasses.



My glasses should be in on Friday. Dan has HIS exam that same day. The VA exam and glasses didn’t really do it for him. He still has problems, so we’ll see what this Dr says.



We went to see Sanctum in 3-D. That was a disappointment. The movie didn’t need to be shot in 3-D and it would have been just fine. So if you can find it in 2-D, don’t spend the extra for the 3-D. And if you do go see it, try to go to the cheap matinee of it because even that, WE FEEL was not money well spent for entertainment. There were moments that I DID find myself tensing up (like when the gal ran out of air in her tank and was trying to buddy breathe with another diver. I really wonder if that whole cave system looks like it does in the movie. It is hard to believe that there are places like that yet unexplored.



There have been plenty of Valentine’s Day commercials on, haven’t there? Dan said today “Well, I’ll be in the dog house. I didn’t get you anything for Valentine’s Day!” I told him that he had, he just didn’t know about it yet. Have you seen those chocolate diamonds?? I am NOT a jewelry freak by any means but I LOVE those rings!!! Good old Dan said “We’ll go see what we can find!” He was really ready to go and buy me a ring…but I THINK deep down he knew that I would say “NO-WAY!” If he can find one in a cubic zirconia….that might be OK!



I feel a search coming on!!!



So what are YOUR plans for the big day (or night???)

4 comments:

  1. Never turn down a diamond.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! My engagement ring is actually Dan's mothers ring. I told him that I wouldn't mind wearing that one...so maybe I am due!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingles Dietitian, you are welcome. Ingles is a nice store with LOTS to choose from. Back home, we have an IGA store!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive