Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BUSY LITTLE BIRD

WHERE IS EVERYONE??!!  Ya must be out enjoying the weather!  I know Dan and I have been the past couple of days.  We're supposed to get up to 70 by Friday!!!!  That IS a bit unusual for this time of year in this part of Georgia.  Not looking forward to coming back to the cold temps in Michigan!

Anyway, I think I only had 3 guesses on what that bird is and Beth had the correct answer; North Carolina Wren.  They sure sing a lot and are all over everything.  But they are fun to watch and listen to...at least after 8 a.m. and not at the exact time the sun comes up!

busy bird


busy little wren

5 comments:

  1. 70's! Wow ~ that's a nice tropical heat wave. LOVE the little wren photos, especially the silhouette one of it up in the tree singing for you in the morning... that's an awesome shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:28 AM

    I cheated and looked in my bird book. I knew it was a wren because of the tail. We have them here in northern lower. They are fun to watch. Our weather is suppose to be a high of 55 tomorrow. I think it is suppose to be that warm in some of the UP too. Then is is suppose to drop to 35 on Friday with Rain or snow storm on Saturday. They are not sure yet what will happen.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I had a flock of Cedar Waxwings fly into our apple trees today...we had a few dead apples stuck in branches by a Psycho Squirrel and they were swarming on them and eating them wildly! It was 54 today and sunny...everything was melting. I actually saw folks in the U.P. today with SHORTS on and grilling outside. Only in the U.P.!! haa

    ReplyDelete
  4. 70 Degrees is SWEET! Enjoy it while you can.

    I have been MIA lately-- Just nothing new to write about. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;-)

    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel, he/she really DOES start singing very early...like a rooster, only a more pleasant sound. Temps have been great this week!

    Beth, Hey, I don't care if someone looked it up! I still look up birds too!! Like this one; we knew it was a wren but didn't know if there are different KINDS of wrens!


    REtired One...Cedar Waxwings already??!! I've never seen them back home in the winter! What a treat for you!!

    Joanna, we are enjoying these temps! It is early for Ga. to be this warm so I'm sure they are enjoying it too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive