Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

WINTER IS MAKING A COME BACK, BUT I WILL SURVIVE!!

Dan and I have seen signs of spring.  The road crews are out trimming back the decorative trees that line the boulevard(s), birds sound like they are singing spring songs, there are buds on the trees, robins flocking about.  We've actually had some warmer weather where we were actually able to leave our hose hooked up at night.

But the weather wizards say that is coming to an end soon.  It is supposed to be down to 26 degrees again tonight...but spring IS around the corner!  So they say....But in the meantime, some counties might see freezing rain again!  Hopefully those are the counties in the mountains!

But, we will survive!!!  Just like Alien....

3 comments:

  1. Grand Rapids:8degree's-1/3"new snow.going to spend the day in my heated shop.Chubb Rock.stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No robins flocking around here but we did have over 30 mourning doves in the backyard again this morning :) I think their 'mourning' the loss of heat. Brrr... its been cold around here lately. 'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing from friends what the temp is in Newberry this a.m....-26 and a windchill of -36. We are at 37 this a.m. WHOOO!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive