Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, January 07, 2011

HELP KIDS GET FIT

For years, the Newberry area has been trying to get funding to build a skating rink (there is other opopportunities to go along with the rink if enough funds can be raised, or at least that was the original goal several years ago).

Could you please take some time, follow this link and see if there is anything you can do to help?  It wouldn't just benefit the Newberry area but areas from around Newberry or visitors, etc.

Thanks!!  (I will be back either today or tomorrow with a post.)

http://www.refresheverything.com/torcitup

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:47 PM

    Please help us and vote on line and text everyday until the end of month. We have tried for several years to raise the money needed to build this facility.

    http://www.refresheverything.com/torcitup

    Thanks for your votes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, THe Pepsi Challenge is a terrific way to raise much needed funds. I've been voting for a few other causes and I'll add this one to my list. Thanks for pointing it out to us.
    Hope all is well and you are enjoying the new year. jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna, WE appreciate your helping out! And if this dream can eventually be a reality, you'll have to "stop by" da U.P. on your way to Ohio sometime and bring your skates!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive