Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, December 02, 2010

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??


When you read this sign, what does it say to you??

Do you take it to mean that the only time you can fish here IS after sunset?? That is what Dan and I both thought it meant.

Sooo, there was a man in a truck at this same pull off. He had Georgia State decals on his vehicle so it appeared to us to be some type of a government truck.

I asked him "Why don't they want anyone fishing until after sunset?"

He kind of laughed and said "That ain't what that means. It means that if you are HERE after sunset, the only thing you better be doing here IS fishing."

I still must've looked puzzled.

He said "There ain't to delicate way to say this ma'am, but this has been a "meeting" place for, well, hmmm...well, guys that like guys and gals that like gals."

NUFF SAID! HA! Dan and I both felt a little on the dumb side!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. haha, this is funny!

    I tried some other ways:
    1) Only fishing after sunset
    2) After sunset fishing only
    3) After sunset only fishing

    This is really like the permutation in math. :P
    It seems to me the third one is better. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they wonder why we northerners say we can't understand the people in the south. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have NEVER guesses the real meaning of the sign and I'm pretty sure you and Dan aren't the only one left scratching their heads. What a hoot.
    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mono, I think your first choice might be easier to understand...although I bet people would still wonder why!

    Retired One.. I hadn't thought about that! I was too busy feeling stupid!

    Joanna, glad that Dan and I aren't the only ones! So it isn't just being a Michigander that we didn't grasp the meaning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive