Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

TOSSING AND TURNING, TURNING AND TOSSING

I’ve been sleeping very well since we “landed” in October. Dan has been sleeping better as well. Although THIS part is still the same; I go to bed earlier than he does…BUT I AM NOT GETTING UP AT THE CRACK OF DAWN!!! There have been times that I/we haven’t even gotten out of bed until almost 10 a.m.! It feels so good to be able to just sleep in and actually be able to SLEEP instead of having to force myself to stay put till 6 a.m. So, I’m worried that when we get back home, it will be hard for me to get back into my office routine.




But, I guess all this sleeping and being relaxed comes with a price tag attached…for both Dan and ME.



I have never had more than what I thought would be considered the normal amount of dreams. I never was one to toss and turn due to dreams (at least as far as I know or have been told). Oh, like other people, I would have weird dreams or wake from a nightmare only to feel paralyzed to the point I couldn’t scream if my life depended on it. I’ve dreamed of falling and then actually jumping or flinching and waking up.



But lately my sleep has become very strange. I’ve started talking in my sleep. I have waked myself UP (that doesn’t sound like a proper sentence!) and it seems like that even before I actually speak the words, in my sleep I KNOW I’m going to be speaking these words out loud. And for whatever reason, I can’t stop myself, even though it appears to me that I KNOW I’m going to do it.



The other night, I even woke myself up talking and using my left hand to point to whomever I was talking to (I think it was my deceased Dad…at least when Dan asked me who are you talking to, I replied “My Dad.”)



Last night was a really strange night.



I dreamed I was talking on the phone with a camper who was at the Newberry KOA and Maggie at the KOA didn’t have any spaces left for a large RV. So, this is exactly what I said TOTALLY OUT LOUD in my sleep; “Take a right out of the KOA’s drive and when you get to the blinking light, turn right and go 8 ½ Miles on M-123 and we are on the left hand side of M-123.” Dan said I also added that our zip code was 49868. I don’t remember that part, but I DO remember the rest. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON??!!!!



I told Dan the good news is he knows I’m not cheating on him in my sleep. He said I’ve been mumbling some other stuff that he can’t make out so we can’t be TOO sure what I’m doing! I guess I really better be careful!



Do you have any strange sleep experiences that you’d want to share with the world!??

2 comments:

  1. I'm a talker in my sleep too, but as I age, I think I am doing it less..but now Paul is doing it (between snoring of course) ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retired One...I have never talked in my sleep so I don't know why I'd be starting now! IT is strange!!! thanks for admiting that you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive