Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

TALLULAH GORGE

I took these with my new camera.  The zoom is noticeably better on the new camera than on the Fuji, but you have to be ready for it to zoom because it zooms quickly. 

There are a lot of features that I haven't played with yet (like a fish eye setting; that should be fun!).

Because the look outs over the gorge ARE so high above  it, it made my knees tickle.  And in order to get any shots without getting the protective iron bar "fence", you had to climb up on a ledge and shoot down over and between the bars of the fence.  My knees were very tickly at that point.  And poor old Dan made that climb all the way down (as you may recall from the previous post) and had nothing to show for his effort.

Tallulah Gorge

Tallulah Gorge


Tallulah Gorge

Tallulah Gorge

The year we were there, in the spring, the water was roaring over the falls and there were kayakers coming down the falls (it was some big doings for kayakers and I guess they can only do this once a year).

The bottom two shots are of the "lower" part of the falls.  It was hard to get a good shot due to having to shoot on an angle between the iron posts of the fence.

8 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me ~ my knees would have collapsed! I'm just not as fond of heights as I used to be. This aging thing sucks! GREAT shots!!
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary H / Battle Creek1:57 PM

    Very good pix, first one looks like it could've been taken from the side door of a Huey in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cher, I love coasters and flying, but something about climbing and being "over the edge" does something to my confidence!!

    Gary, HA! THAT is a very good description! At least it wasn't TOO windy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:41 PM

    Holy Crap...once again your camera eye is awsome.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. sfeutz9:55 PM

    Great pictures Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave, thank you very much!!

    Sandy, Thanks!! I wish I could have gone down those steps with Dan so I could have shot back at the falls. I feel so badly that he lost his shots. They had looked really good...on the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  7. J Bar, thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive