Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

NUTTIN' MUCH!

This week I’ve been back to wearing my “baggy assed jeans” (as Dan calls them). I left my 3 new pair of jeans in the drawer and pulled my old ones back off the closet shelf.


WHY??? Well, the main reason is that it has been SO cold here this week and those new jeans have to be line dried….I didn’t see any way they’d get dry before they froze stiff. The other reason is I can comfortably put my long underwear on under my “baggy assed jeans” and not feel like I’ve run out of room to bend, sit or sneeze.

The weather starting today is supposed to be better. Not quite near normal temps for here yet, but better. Anything here over 30 has to be better! Have you seen the photos of the orange crops in Florida? And where we hope to work next year has been up to 40 degrees!! And it is a bit over an hour southeast of here!

We’ve seen on the news all the snow, people and traffic caught in the snow on the highways, etc . We are glad we aren’t on the road.

Dan and I don’t plan on going back to the Wal-Mart in Cartersville for a while. He made a spectacle of himself last time we were there. I can’t remember exactly what it was we were looking for but we were in the bed and bath department (I think I was looking for a soap dish). There was a display of delicate looking bathroom accessories (among them were fancy sculpted soap dishes and other dainty type things). Dan decided to look at one of those soap dishes and when he picked it up, it started a chain reaction.

I’ve known Dan since 1981 and had no idea he could juggle. Well, not very well, but he was pretty remarkable considering all the action he had going on with those dainty things.

I just stood there with my mouth open while Dan juggled and got red in the face. The woman behind us started giggling, which made Dan even redder in the face. He finally got everything put back in place, nothing broke (come to find out it was all some kind of really nice plastic!), and he said “Is my face red?” Then he said he was going to go wait in the truck.

December 16, 2010

Yesterday, after we listened to the weather report for the umpteenth time, we decided that most of our 4 days off were going to be spent inside. So, we went to the $$ Store, picked up a couple of the word search books and some snacks and we’re ready for the weather.

It started raining and freezing last night. During the night it warmed up to 35 degrees so we’re hoping it still isn’t icy (laundry day if possible). Dan said there were over 100 accidents last night on 575 (or is it 585??). Before I went to bed the news was showing how many of the ramps and portions of I-75 and 20 around Atlanta were shut down due to the freezing rain.

Laundry CAN wait!

How’s the weather in YOUR neck of the woods?

3 comments:

  1. Well, we had a two day blizzard, but then the sun broke out and Tuesday and Wednesday were really nice...started out below zero yesterday morning though and then got up in the 20's....supposed to be sunny and high 20's again today, so I guess for the U.P. it has been really nice after the blizzard. The trees are gorgeous, all hanging with snow, like in a Christmas card....I am amazed about how much of the nation is under a deep freeze. My poor daughter (near Tampa) has been really cold...it was 28 there the other night and their apartment just has a tiny heater...they have been having the baby wear a hat and mittens at night in the crib. Gheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever worn those flannel lined jeans? I haven't ~ but I intend on getting a pair of them asap ~ especially if this weather keeps up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't long underwear the greatest invention ever! I'm a wimp and sometimes were it in California in the winter.

    Hope things easy up a bit and the sun shines for you.

    Merry Christmas, xo jj

    PS Stop by, I'm having a giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive