Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

NEWBERRY AREA SNOWMOBILE TRAIL REPORTS

As much as I wish I could help all of ya with the issue of trail reports for the Newberry area, there isn't anything I can do.  I think some of you forget that Dan and I are no longer involved with winter activities in the Newberry area.

TASA does still have a website at http://www.tasatrails.com/ so you can check out the Newberry trail report there.  I was told that Newberry has not been updating a trail report on the MSA website this year, so I did check it out and it appears that Newberry is the only one in the area that has not updated since last year.  I will send an email to Ray Mahaffy who is the President of TASA.  It is probably just a case of they didn't realize there was a spot to update on the MSA website.

Hope all of ya are being safe out there!  We do miss the interaction and emails!  Oh, and the chocolate stars too!!

5 comments:

  1. sfeutz8:38 PM

    Cathy-I used to get emails about WNBY after I sold it and they automated so much of the on air schedule. A couple that I remember was wanting to know why there was no one at the radio station. As if I could fix that!
    I am sure they miss you taking care of the trail reports. And that is important to the Newberry economy so hopefully someone can take care of it. Can you believe we have blizzard warnings! I think it is supose to be a couple of days of cold and snow and then warm up again. am really loving the weather here! Happy New Year to you guys. We sleep through it but if you are out to see the new year in be safe! Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, the secretary for TASA is doing the trail reports but there were so many places that I updated the trail report and I think that is what the sledheads are having a hard time getting use to. Happy New Year to you two, too! We'll be in bed before midnight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:31 PM

    What has happened to Biskit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, I don't know. Isn't his website up anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:17 AM

    It is up but he he has not done any trail reports and I can't find his message board. Just not like him to not say hey folks it is lousy up here or put out the green/yellow flags....nothing....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive